Chapter 3

I watch her in horror as she starts going over what will happen if we agree on the move to the UK with Robert. She goes over the day we'll be leaving, living arrangements, funding, Laura's work visa and everything else we need to know.

Yes, I knew that I would have to return back to the UK on my own once my visa ran out. But I wasn't expecting to be offered a transfer back home to continue working as a dancer. I was gearing myself up for a life away from the dancing scene but it seems like that wasn't going to happen any time soon.

“Chelsea, are you okay?” Silvia asks me as I sit in silence.

I snap out of my daydream and look at her. “What? Yeah, I’m fine.”

I look at Laura and notice that she isn’t as convinced with my response.

“If that's all sorted and you both agree to go, I will see the two of you in morning. You can say your ‘goodbyes’ to the rest of the girls and staff then. Door's behind you, you can leave now.”

We stand up and walk out her office, letting the door slam closed behind us.

“What the hell was that all about?” Laura asks me as we walk back down the stairs.

“What?” I ask in return, trying my hardest to act stupid.

“Don’t act stupid. You know what I'm talking about. Spill,” she demands as we walk out the building.

“Can we not do this here? Wait till we get back to the apartment and I’ll tell you,” I compromise as we get into her car that was parked opposite the studio entrance door.

 ----

The drive home was intense and I knew that every second that passed, I’d be closer to telling Laura why I was not looking forward to going back home to the UK.

We arrive back at our shared apartment and get changed before ordering a takeaway. I stand by the cooker in the kitchen, casually taking sips of the cup of coffee I hold in my hands, when Laura comes in holding the takeaway bag of food.

“Okay, spill.” She starts, sitting the bag on the worktop by the door before walking over to sit on top of the worktop next to me. “I thought you’d be over the moon about going back to the UK because that’s where you’re from.”

I sigh and look up at her. “Is it possible to fall in love in 2 weeks?”

“Depends on what you want to qualify as love and in what two weeks,” she answers, looking a tad confused.

“I met a guy while I was on holiday,” I confess.

“You what?” She shouts. “Why am I just hearing about this? Give me every detail there is but first up, was he hot?”

“Hot is not the word for him,” I smirk.

“Oh my God! So, he was…” She begins. I nod and the smile she had on her face grows bigger. “I take it he was good in bed then?”

“Try amazing,” I blush, turning round and placing my cup on the worktop. “But we agreed that it would only be for those two weeks. Now, I can’t stop thinking about him.”

“You’ve got it bad, girl. Must have been really serious to have you acting like this.”

“Now, we have to go back to the UK and I run the very high risk of seeing him again!” I sigh, walking out the kitchen.

“Wait, how is that a bad thing?” She follows me closely. “This will give me a chance to see your lover boy.”

“He has a girlfriend,” I state.

She stops following me. “Oh.”

“Yes, ‘oh’…what am I going to do, Laura?”

“If you want my true advice, just don’t pay attention to him. If he wants you, he can come and get you. You will not do the running for that…”

“Footballer or soccer player as you would call him over here.”

“He’s a soccer player? Chelsea, you defiantly ain’t going to do all the running for him.”

I laugh and shake my head. She really is a good friend to me and I hope she’s right. If he wants me, he can come and get me.