Chapter 26

Joe’s POV

I walk along the street past a few shops before coming to my destination. I look up at the Tiffany&Co. store sign before entering the premises.

“Good afternoon, Mr .Hart.” A saleswoman smiles at me.

“Good afternoon.”

“We were wondering when we would see you in here today,” she smiles.

“I had to ensure that my girlfriend was safe and comfortable before leaving her at the hotel.”

“That’s okay. We actually got your order in just moments ago, so you timed it well.”

I watch her walk away to get my order and she returns a few moments later with a box. She opens it up for me and my smile grows bigger.

“Perfect,” I confirm while looking at the object in the box.

“I’m sure she’ll love it.”

“I’m sure she will.”

I close the box and hand it back over to her. She gives it to another saleswoman to go wrap up and put it in a gift bag.

“How will you be paying, Mr. hart?” She asks.

“Card,” I reply before taking my wallet out of my pocket.

“Okay…that will be thirty-nine today." I take my bank card out and hand it over to her. “Just put your pin in and you’re all set to go.”

I type my pin in the card reader and wait before taking my card out. I put it back in my wallet and put my wallet back in my pocket. The other saleswoman comes back and hands me the gift bag.

“Thank you,” I smile.

“Our pleasure and good luck.” They both say as I leave the shop.

Meanwhile...

Chelsea’s POV

I put my make-up bag down on the counter in the bathroom and sigh. Here it goes. I open it and rummage through it, trying to look for the blue box I had put in it a few days ago. I find the box and take it out.

I look down at it and put it down on the counter before looking at my reflection and start to tap the counter with worry. I swallow hard before picking up the box and turn it over, reading the instructions like I did all those years ago when I first done this.

“It’s now or never…” I say before opening the box.

Five minutes passed and I throw the box and it’s contents in the bin under the sink. I look at my reflection in the mirror before turning round and unlocking the door. I walk back into the room and take the chain off the door so Joe can get back in.

I walk over to the bed, sit down and wait for him to come back.

Fifteen minutes pass and I hear the room door unlock. I look over at the door and see it open and Joe comes into the room.

“Hey,” he calls, closing the door over.

“Hi."

“You okay?” He asks as he comes and sits down next to me.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I lie. “What did you get?”

“It’s nothing. My mum’s birthday is coming up soon, so I went and got her a bracelet from Tiffany&Co.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Hey, are you sure you’re okay? You don’t seem yourself.”

“Joe, I’m fine!” I snap.

“Sorry I asked.”

He stands up and puts the Tiffany bag down on the dressing table. I watch him walk towards the bathroom and my eyes widen. He’ll find out! He walks in and closes the door behind him.

My heart starts to beat faster because he can find out what I done while he was away.

Joe’s POV

I close the bathroom door over and lock it before turning round and gripping the edge of the sink, trying to regain my composure. That was close. I look down at the floor and my eyes land on the blue box that's in the bin.

I move back and pick the box up. I look at it before turning it round:

'Pregnancy Test'

She can’t be... I put it on the edge of the sink and look at it for a moment. If I don’t go out soon, she’ll think I’ve found it.

I pull the shower door open and turn the shower on. I close the door back over and look back at the box. I reach for it and take out it’s contents. I put the stick next to the box and lean against the wall while looking at the result written on it:

'7-8 weeks pregnant'

She’s pregnant again. I start to calculate the weeks back...she conceived when we slept together on holiday! That would explain her mood swings and the crying over nothing…I’m going to be a dad again!

A smile grows on face before I snap out of my thoughts of going to be a dad again. I put the stick back in the box and put it back in the bin. I quickly get undressed before stepping into the shower.