Chapter 23

I don’t react to Ryan’s comment about Joe being the girls dad and turn round to face the girls as they stand by the kitchen door in their pyjamas, looking up at me.

“I thought I told you to go upstairs.” I say, trying to calm down.

“We heard shouting…” Aimee replies as she hugs her teddy tightly.

“Well, I’ll just leave you to deal with this.” Ryan smirks to me as he walks out the kitchen.

“Mummy, where’s d-” Katelyn starts.

“I’m not your dad, girls! Never have been! Never will be! Maybe your thick mummy will take you to stay with your real dad and leave my house.” Ryan shouts at the girls.

“Don’t you dare shout at my girls!” I shout before walking over to him. “And as for this house, it’s not yours! It never has been! It belongs to me so why don’t you get out!”

“Why don’t you make me!” Ryan responds as he pushes me against the wall.

“Leave my mummy alone!” Aimee shouts, running over and hitting Ryan with her teddy.

“Oh, give it up!” He scowls, pushing her to the ground and causing her to cry.

“How dare you lay a finger on my daughter!”

He turns back to me and my fist comes in contact with his jaw. He stumbles back a little then turns to look at me with anger clouding his eyes. He walks over to me and pins me to the wall.

“You know what…you’re not worth it.” He spits before grabbing his jacket and walking out the house.

The front door closes with a loud slam and I quickly walk over to it and lock it. I put the security alarm on and turn to the girls. I watch on as Katelyn tries to comfort Aimee the best she can. It breaks my heart seeing them like this but I have to hold back the tears that are forming in my eyes. I need to show them I'm brave and not afraid.

I walked over to them kneel down before taking them in my arms.

“It’s going to be okay…I’ll make everything okay…” I assure them as they both cry on my shoulder.

 ----

I stand by window in my room watching the girls sleep in my bed. They really shouldn’t be going through any of this. It’s all my fault! I should never have agreed to let Ryan act as their dad but he backed me into a corner till I had no way around it.

I walk over to my bed and pick up my phone before walking out into the hall. I close the bedroom door over slightly to a point where I can still see the girls. I look down at my phone and scroll through the phone for Joe’s number and call him.

Joe’s POV

Next me, my phone vibrates on the night stand and I slowly reach over for it. “Hello…”

“Hi. I know it’s late, but-” Chelsea says quietly.

“No, it’s fine.” I sit up and rub the sleep away from my eyes. “What’s up?”

“I…Ryan and I had a big argument after I came home. He let it slip that he isn’t the girls real dad.” 

“And…?”

“And they were standing behind me as he said it but I didn’t know.”

“What do you mean by ‘he let it slip’?”

“He knew I was cheating on him with you but he didn’t say it was you.”

“Why do I have a feeling that he did something else?”

Back For Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें