Chapter 7

1 week later

I standd by the front door waiting on Laura coming down with her suitcase as she's flying back home to America today. She took the first flight that came up so she could get away and back to living her ‘normal’ life.

A few minutes later, Laura comes down the stairs carrying her suitcase. When she gets to the bottom, she walks straight past me and out the house towards the waiting taxi. She gives her suitcase over to the taxi driver and looks back at me. I was about to say something to her before she opens the taxi door and gets in. I watch her in disbelief as the driver got back in and drove off. That bitch didn’t even say ‘goodbye’ to me!

I close the front door over and lean against it while shaking my head. Can't believe she just did that. I take my phone out my pocket and call the only person that I knew would really help me right now – Joe.

“Hi,” Joe says as he answers the phone.

“Hi, I know you may be busy…” I start.

“I’m not busy, it’s fine. What’s-”

“Laura left for the airport there.”

“And you want me to come over to…”

“NO! Why did I even bother to call you? I knew you’d be like that!”

I end the call before putting my phone back in my pocket and walking into the living room. Men really do only think of one thing!

Joe’s POV

I take the phone away from my ear and look at it.

“Something wrong?” James asks me.

“Erm, I don’t know,” I reply.

“Well, who was it?” Adam asks.

“Cover for me,” I mutter, standing up.

“And say what?”

“I don’t know! Think of something!” I shout, walking out the changing room.

I run towards the exit and to my car. I get in the car and begin to drive to Chelsea’s house.

----

I arrive at Chelsea’s house and quickly get out the car. I walk up to the front door, trying to not be seen, and knock on the door.

Normal POV

Hearing the quick knock on the front door, I get up off the couch and walk out the living room to answer it. I open the door and look up at Joe.

“I’m sorry that that came into my head when you said she left,” he apologised, pushing past me into the house.

“You’re a guy, it’s what you do.” I compromise, closing the door over.

“So…”

“She left without even saying ‘goodbye’ to me. Walked straight past me and said nothing,” I explain, walking past him and into the kitchen.

“Pretty much like you just did to me,” he counters, following me.

“What are you talking about?”

“I come rushing here from training, which hasn’t started yet may I add, to see you and no kiss?”

“Well I am sorry that I didn’t think of your feelings,” I scoff, leaning against the worktop.

“It’s okay,” he sighs, walking over to stand in front of me.

He slides his arms round my waist and pulls me to him.