Chapter 25

Joe’s POV

I walk into the house almost an hour after leaving the stadium and put my bag down next to the door. I walk along to the kitchen and look at Chelsea sitting down on the floor.

“Chelsea, what are you doing sitting on the floor?” I ask as I walk over and sit down next to her.

“I tried to make myself something to eat but then I forgot that I left the cooker on. Now it’s all burnt.” She says, tears starting to stream down her cheeks.

I pull her into my arms and hold her tightly. “Why are you crying over that though? It’s nothing to cry over.”

“It is because I’m trying to get back to doing normal things and it’s not happening for me.”

“No one is asking you to get back to doing normal things.”

“I feel useless.”

“If you’re useless, then what am I?”

“I know but I feel like I can’t do anything right now.”

“You can do things right. It’s me that can’t seem to do things right. That’s why I’m home earlier than planned.”

“I miss my girls so much…”

“And I miss them too but crying isn’t going to solve anything.”

“I know I shouldn’t be crying but I can’t help it.”

“Chelsea, look at me.” She pulls away a little and looks at me. “I think we need to get away for a few days because being stuck in here, isn’t good for either of us.”

“I don’t want to go anywhere,” she mutters, standing up.

“I wouldn’t be taking you anywhere far, just to a hotel somewhere in England,” I tell her, standing up too.

“Joe, what part of ‘no’ don’t you understand?” She shouts before storming out the kitchen.

I watch the kitchen door slam shut and sigh in frustration. There must be something more to her acting like this, but what is it?

Later on that night

Normal POV

I sit at the edge of my bed in my bedroom before there's a light knock on the bedroom door. I look up as it opens and Joe comes in.

“I’ve calmed down now. I’m not going to shout at you again,” I reassure him.

“You sure?” He asks, walking over and sitting down next to me.

“Yes.”

“…Chelsea…we can’t keep going on like this.”

“I know we can’t.”

“It’s not good for either of us.”

“I know and you’re right. Now I’ve had some time to think about it…I think we should go away for a little bit but not too far.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to feel pressured into going away or-”

“Joe, yes, I’m sure.”

“Okay then.”

I smile at him before he leans in and kisses me.

2 weeks later

I look out the window of the car as Joe drives us down to London. After agreeing to go away for a few days, Joe went straight into planning our time away. I told him not to plan something too far away, so he decided on going to London. In my whole life, I have only ever been to London once but that was when I was a little girl, so it was obvious that I wouldn’t remember it.

As the car comes to a stop outside the London Hilton Hotel on Park Lane, I look at Joe.

“We don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. There’s still time to back out,” he says as he switches the engine off.

“I agreed and I don’t want to go back on that.”

“Okay.”

I watch him get out the car before I open my door and follow his lead. I close the door as he gives his car keys to a parking attendant.

“Bags are in the boot,” He tells to the attendant.

“Yes, Sir.” He replies before getting into the car.

“All set to go?” Joe asks me as he offers his hand out for me to take.

I smile at him before putting my hand in his and walking into the hotel.

----

As we stand in the lift going up to our room, Joe puts his arm around my waist and pulls me close to his side. I look up at him and he smiles.

The lift comes to a stop on the 26th floor and the doors open. We get out and start walking down the corridor towards our room. We stop outside a door and Joe unlocks it before allowing me to go in first.

As I walk in, the first thing I notice is the breathtaking views of the Mayfair area and Park Lane. I put my bag down on the bed and walk over to the window to get a better look at the view.

“If you don’t like it, we can change rooms.” Joe syas, sounding a little worried.

I took a deep breath. “No…it’s perfect.”

“Are you sure?”

I turn and walk over to him. I put my arms round his neck as his clasps his around my waist, drawing me closer to his body.

“I love it just like I love you,” I assure him. He smiles before bending down to give me a kiss. We pull apart and he has a smile on his face. “What?”

“Will you be okay for a little bit? I need to out and get something,” he asks.

“Joe, I will be fine…but just out of curiosity, what is it exactly that you are going for?”

“Haha, I don’t think so. If I told you then it would ruin what I have planned for our few days away.”

“Okay.”

I smile before we let each other go. He turns and starts to walk towards the room door.

“Won’t be long,” he winks before exiting the room.

I wait till the room door closes and walk over to it. I listen closely for the lift coming to the floor. I hear the lift ping to indicate that it’s at our floor and wait a few more seconds so I know that Joe has actually gone. I put the chain on the door before walking over to the bed.

I take my blazer off and lay it down on the bed next to my bag. I open my bag and search it for my make-up bag. I sit on the bed and pull the make-up bag out. I look at my reflection in the mirror across from the bed and stand up.

I carry the make-up bag into the bathroom with me and close the door before locking it.