Chapter 13

'CITY STAR SPENDS £8MILLION ON A SECRET HIDEAWAY FROM HIS MISTRESS

Manchester City goalkeeper, Joe Hart, has done what footballers in the past have done – cheated on their partners!

Hart was seen running about with his secret love in the snow yesterday and also shared a passionate kiss with her.

The house they were seen at, was bought by Mr. Hart himself as a place he could keep his mistress in and see her at any given time.

There is yet to be any confirmation on the matter but pictures don’t lie and we are sure that Joe’s long-term girlfriend will have something to say about it.

My eyes widen and I just stare at the screen. It’s true, the pictures don’t lie! I hear Joe walk into the room and I look up at him.

“Chelsea what- oh no.” Is all he says, eyeing the screen of my laptop.

“So much for ‘we’ll be publicly together before it comes out in the papers’.”

“Chelsea, I know it looks bad…”

“Looks bad? Of course it looks bad! I’m your mistress, Joe!” I shout at him. “Joe, I’ve seen how this all plays out and I’m the one that gets left heartbroken. Not you.”

“Get that thought out your head right now! I’m not going to leave you heartbroken!”

“But you will leave me!”

“I won’t leave you!”

“Yes you will!”

I stand up and throw my laptop at him. Tears begin to fall down my cheeks as I run out the room and up to my bedroom.

Joe’s POV

I move out the way of Chelsea throwing the laptop at me and watch it fall to the floor next to me. She runs past me and out the room before I hear her run up the stairs. A few seconds later, her bedroom door slams shut.

I groan a little inside before running after her. My phone begins to go off in my pocket and I stop running. I take it out my pocket and look at it. What does she want? - Like I need to ask…

“What Kim?” I snap down the phone.

“Joseph Hart, how dare you cheat on me!!!” She shouts down the phone at me.

“I can’t deal with you right now!” I shout back at her before pulling the phone away from my ear.

“Joe, you will talk to me wither you like it or not!” Was the last thing I heard before ending the call.

I continue to run up the rest of the stairs and towards Chelsea’s room. I stop at the door before checking to see if she had it locked or not. Luckily, she didn’t. I open the door and walk into the bedroom.

“Chelsea,” I call, looking round the room. I walk further into the room and notice that the en-suite bathroom door was slightly open. I walk over to it and push it open slowly. My eyes fall on Chelsea immediately and they widen at her.

“Chelsea, don’t!” I shout but it's too late as she jumps out the window.

My eyes stare the opened window before I snap out of my daze and run out the en-suite and out the bedroom. I run down the stairs and quickly put my shoes on before unlocking the front door and running out the house. I put all my energy into trying to run in the snow but feel like I'm getting nowhere.

When I finally get round to the back of the house where Chelsea had fallen too, I could barley see where she was. I only walk a few steps before I spot some means of her body. When I do actually reach her, I carefully move the fresh snow off her body and notice that she's blue in a few places.

I carefully pick her up in my arms before quickly carrying her back into the house.

 ----

When I get back into the house, I carry Chelsea up the stairs and into the nearest bathroom. I put her down in the bath and start to run the hot water to try and get some heat into her. I kneel down next to the bath and look at Chelsea’s face. Why would she do that?

I pour some hot water over the top of her body and still, she doesn’t move. Fear starts to run through mye at the thought that maybe the fall hall killed her and I give up trying to get her warmed up. I just look at her face.

Her perfect face. The face I fell in love with. The girl that made me realise what true love really is.

“Chelsea, don’t do this to me…” I start to beg. “Please…”

Her eyes begin to flicker before I stop the hot water and pull her out the bath. I carry her towards her bedroom and get her changed into some jogger bottoms and one of my hoodies I keep at the house. I put her down on the bed, under the covers, before getting in and laying next to her.

I hold her close and keep running my hands up and down her back.

A few minutes later, I feel her hand gently grasp my top and a smile comes over my face.

“J-"

“You’re okay,” I assure.

She starts to cry softly and I hold her even tighter to my body. “I…”

“I know…I know…”

If I knew this was how she’d react to the press, I would have broken up with Kim sooner.