Chapter 20

2 days later

I sit by the pool with my friends as we chat about our plans for later on tonight.

“I think we should go out,” Shelley suggests, putting her sunglasses back down over her eyes.

“Yeah, that does sound like a good idea.” I agree.

“But where though?” Stacey asks.

“Is there not a nightclub down the round a bit or something like that?” Emma questions.

“Oh, you mean the one where Chelsea picked up the footballer?” Shelley comments.

I look at her before she realises what she just said.

“Thanks for that,” I tell her in a low voice.

“Sorry.”

I shake my head before taking a sip of my drink.

“Would it not-” Emma starts.

“That was about what? Nearly four years ago? I somehow doubt I’ll see him or even pick another guy up in there!” I state clearly.

“Oh, yeah! More for me!” Stacey smiles brightly.

We all laugh at her before continuing to talk about other things.

 ----

That evening, I fix my dress into place before sitting down on the bed to put my heels on. I stand up and put my phone and room key in my clutch bag. I take one last look at my reflection in the mirror before heading out to join the girls who were all waiting on me downstairs in the reception area.

After being out for a while, I feel myself starting to go back to my old ways before I became a mum. I was drinking like I was a teenager again and even dancing with anyone and everyone.

I get up from where I'm sitting and walk onto the dance floor with my friends. We start dancing when I feel two hands grip my hips and pull me towards their body. I feel kisses being placed on my neck and my movements stop instantly. Their lips move up my neck and rest at my ear.

“Just like old times,” Joe whispers into my ear.

I stand straight and turn to face him. He pins me to his body as I look into his eyes.

“It’s not,” I manage to say, pushing him away.

I turn to walk away but he grabs my wrist and pulls me to him. He holds my hand to his chest while the other holds me by the waist.

“How is it not? We’re here in the nightclub we first met at and you’re standing talking to me,” he smirks.

“I have no choice but to talk to you, seen as you’ve got me pinned to your body!” I snap.

“Is that anyway to talk to the father of your children?”

“Father? You must me kidding!” I comment, pulling back.

“Fine, I’ll make you a deal.” He sighs, letting me go. I look at him as I take a step back so there's some space between us. “Spend tomorrow with me and if you feel like I still shouldn’t be a part of our daughters lives, I’ll leave you and them alone.”

“How do I know you’re telling the truth?”

“You’ll just have to spend the day with me and see for yourself.”

I think all the alcohol I've drank today, has gone straight to my head because I feel myself nod in agreement. “Fine – one day!”