Chapter 10

Next day

Normal POV

I sit, curled up, on the floor by my bed, still in my dress from last night. I hear faint knocking on the front door and stare across at my bedroom door.

Just go away my inner self is shouting, hoping that whoever it was would get the hint. But they didn't. The knocking on the door gets louder and louder by the second.

I groan before slowly standing up and walking towards the bedroom door. I open the door slowly and start to walk down the stairs. I reach for the key in the front door and unlock it. I never got a chance to open the door before it bursts open.

“Do you not have any idea how long I was standing out there for?” Joe shouts before turning and looking at me. “Chelsea…”

I don’t say anything to him before turning round and running up the stairs. I hear the front door close over and Joe running after me. I run into my bedroom and slam the door closed.

“Chelsea, I'm sorry.” Joe apologises from the other side of the door. “I shouldn’t have shouted.”

I lean against the door as he speaks before getting the courage to finally face him in the state I was in. I open the door and look at him as he leans against the door frame looking at me.

“Babe…” He starts before taking me in his arms.

He runs a hand through my hair and kisses my head as I hold onto him tightly.

----

A few hours pass and Joe had now convinced me to have a shower and get changed. I changed into a pair of jeans, vest top and thick cardigan before going down the stairs.

I walk into the kitchen and Joe hands me a cup of tea. I take it from him and lean against the counter, taking small sips here and there.

“Robert told me that Martin is being questioned by the police today,” he informs. I nod. “So they’ll want to speak to you.”

My eyes widen and I look up at him. “What? No, I can’t. Joe, I can’t.”

“Hey, it’ll be fine. I can be with you when then come to talk to you if you want.” He moves to stand next to me.

“I can’t…you don’t know what he’d do to me if he convinces them I’m lying.”

“Why would you lie though? Unless…wait…has he did it to you before?” He asks, looking both concerned and angry.

“Joe…”

“He has or hasn’t he?” I nod. “Chelsea, you can’t just let him get away with it. This time, he won’t. I won’t let him.”

I was about to reply when there was a loud knock on the front door. I put my cup down on the counter before slowly walking towards the front door. I open it and look at who's standing at the opposite side of it.

“Chelsea Anderson?” A policeman askes. I nod. “We’re here to talk to you about your allegations that your boyfriend may have raped you.”

I nod again, letting the policemen in and closing the door. I mention for them to go into the living room and they do. I look over at Joe as he walkd out the kitchen towards me. I wrap my cardigan tight around my body before walking into the living room.

Joe’s hand falls to rest on the base of my back as we walk and I sit on the chair the faces the window and as Joe sits next to me on the arm of it. I look at the policemen, waiting for them to start.

“Miss. Anderson, your boyfriend is in one of our prison cells saying that you are making this all up and that nothing happened.” A policeman starts.

“I’m sorry but why would she make any of this up? It’s clear that he-” Joe butts in in defence.

“I’m sorry but I don’t see what any of this has to do with you, Mr. Hart.”

“I’m her friend and I don’t want to see her hurt. So it kinda does have everything to do with me.”

“Miss. Anderson’s boyfriend has also said that we should talk to you too. He said that you have been, and I quote, ‘sleeping with Miss. Anderson’.”

“That is lies and has nothing to do with the fact that he has raped Chelsea more than once!” Joe shouts.

“Joe, calm down.” I advise quietly.

“Well, from what we can see, you two seem to be more than friends.”

“What?” Joe scoffs, starting to get angry.

“Mr. Hart, this has clearly got nothing to do with you, so we’d like it if you would leave.”

“I’m not leaving her.”

“Mr. Hart-”

“I told you I’m not leaving her!”

“Miss. Anderson, if Mr. Hart doesn’t leave, we will have to take you to the police station for you to answer the questions.”

“Joe, please….” I beg.

He looks down at me before giving up and walking out the room.

“Now that he’s gone…Miss. Anderson, you have made these claims before and it has come out the you have been lying. Why have you made these claims again?”

“I wasn’t lying then, nor am I lying now. He forced himself on me when I didn’t ask. He kept telling me that if I screamed, he’d silence me in more ways than one. I don’t want to live my life in fear all because of him. I also don’t want other girls to fall victim of his sick games. I know what he’s like and…”

“Miss. Anderson, you don’t seem to show any evidence that he’s forced himself onto you…”

“But I have.” I stand up and take my cardigan off before turning round so they could see the bruises and scratch marks on my back. “There’s your proof.”

A few seconds pass before I turn round and put my cardigan back on.

“That’s all we need for now. We’ll be in touch.”

They stand up and walk out the room. I see Joe show them out before walking into the living room to me.

“You didn’t tell me he left-” He starts.

“Joe, I don’t want this to take over my life!” I snap.

I look at him as he stands in shock.

“Chelsea, how bad did it get?” He asks, moving towards me.

“I ended up in hospital,” I confess.

His eyes widen at my confession. “And he got away with putting you in hospital?”

“Yes.”

He sighs heavily before looking at his watch then taking my hand.

“I’ve had enough of this,” he mutters, puling me towards the front door.

“Joe, what are you doing?”

“I’m not letting you stay here when he knows how to get to you.”

“Where are you taking me?”

“We are going to the estate agents and I’m going to buy you a house so he can’t get to you again.”

“I can’t let you do that. I’d need…”

“Chelsea, I love you and I want to keep you safe. Please just let me do this.”

“You love me?” I ask in shock.

He stops moving about and stands up straight with his back to me, tensing up.