[18] k a n e k i

"You look quite different, Kaneki." I said in a flat tone, representing no emotions on my face.
"Do I know you?" He asked, "Although, your smell is quite familiar."

  His appearance changed drastically. His hair became completely white and his nails were blackened.   

"It's not important," I replied, "Since you are still alive, I'll be leaving."  

I was too late in saving Kaneki. Neither less, he survived and is alive. I'll leave him be and take my own leave without anyone's permission. 

"I asked a question, and I want a proper answer," He said, gripping my shoulder, "Do I know you?"
"Yes, you do, but it doesn't concern you anyways. After all, I'll be erased from this world soon enough." I replied, dusting his hand away from my shoulder. I then begin to walk away from his sight. 

"You smell like Aki-san.." I heard him mutter under his breath. I didn't stop, nor looked around. Who cares about school now? Screw it. Who cares about my fake identity? Screw that too. Screw everything. 

-----------------

"Mon petit chou!" I heard a familiar voice called, "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Days have passed after the mission. I didn't inform anyone about my sudden leave during the mission. I didn't interact, nor communicate with anyone. I didn't bother to see Tsukiyama-kun either. To add up to all of this, I didn't attend Anteiku at all. 

In conclusion, I shut myself in.

Today was different, I decided to sit on the roof of an old building. I sat quietly there, and watched the bright view with darkness over it. The dark night was like a thick blanket over the bright and shiny lights of the city.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly. I already knew this voice belonged to Tsukiyama-kun.
"Wha--! What do you mean?! You disappeared suddenly during the mission!" He exclaimed, sitting beside me.
"Right." I plainly replied, not looking at him.
"Your voice has become strong and sorrowful," He commented, "Is it because of Yasha's death? I thought you're no longer fond over him." 
"Why don't you just shut your mouth and enjoy the silence?" I asked, glancing at him with a sharp pierce.
"I won't shut up till I hear your reason." He sternly replied.

I replied back with silence.

"And there's someone waiting for you.." He muttered, breaking the silence.

My senses jolted up as I smelt a familiar scent that did not belonged to Tsukiyama kun's. 

"Yami..."  I heard a familiar voice spoke behind me.

And I thought he was dead.

------

(A/N) CAN ANYONE GUESS WHO'S THAT PERSON
I GAVE A HINT THAT SHE THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD *winks*