[21] f a t e

"You---"

I couldn't hold myself, so I gave him a roundhouse kick to his ribs, causing him to drop the grey umbrella and him being splashed into the puddle of rain water.

"You are alive, after all." I spat. Loud clashing thunderstorms echoed, along with heavier rain drops. 
"Of course! You thought I was dead, didn't you?" He chuckled, wiping off the dirt from his cheek with his sleeve.
"Well, due to that incident, anyone would have expected you to be dead." I replied in a monotone voice.
"Any idiot would believe that. It's such a shame you are one of those idiots, Yami-chan." He slowly got up. He dusted the dirt off his pants and grabbed his umbrella.
"Do not use a friendly honorable term while addressing my name." I spoke, knitting my eyebrows together.
"Cold now, are we?" He chuckled, before holding the umbrella again above my head to prevent rain drops.

I clutched my fists. He needs to stop acting fake. It disgusts me. 

"Stop acting as if you're so nice, Toshi," I muttered angrily. 

Satoya Toshi. Elder brother of Satoya Takeshi

"Huh?" He blinked in surprise, "I'm not acting."
"Sure." I muttered sarcastically.
"By the way," He spoke in a slightly low voice, "I heard Takeshi is dead, and apparently, you were the one who killed him. Is that true?"

We looked at each other straight in the eye. It's almost as if we can see each other's reflection in it.

More thunderstorms were heard, and lightning flashes decorated the sky.

"Yes." I replied in a cold tone.
"Why?" He asked again, slightly widening his eyes.

I broke eye contact with him, and focused on behind him. Someone was standing there, watching all of us. It was---
Yasha?

"Yami, what is going on?" Toshi asked, noticing me staring with blank eyes at who was behind him.
"T-that's Y-Yasha.." I slowly lifted a finger, pointing at the figure, "He was supposed to be in heaven  now, right..?" 

But something was just not right.
The person did  look like Yasha, the familiar orange hair and all, but something was odd. The pupils of his eyes were narrowed, as his lips turned into a smile manifest with twisted insanity. I could see smeared scarlet on his rugged clothes. 

"Kill him too."  He mouthed. 

"Yami!" Toshi placed his free hand on my shoulder, shaking me, "You're hallucinating! Wake up!" 
"B-but he's just there.." I mumbled, not breaking my stare.

Hallucinating? Again? Why? Do I need to go to the asylum again? 

In a blink of an eye, Yasha then disappeared. 

"He was just there.." I mumbled, freeing myself from Toshi's grasp; stepping back.
"Yami?" Toshi furrowed his eyebrows, "What has gotten into you?" 

I clutched my hair, and my shoulders began to tremble.

"Yami?" Toshi called out again.

I lifted my face up, looking directly at Toshi. My lips then curved into a smile filled with  malice and insanity. I then cackled in the most twisted and insane way possible.

"So what if I'm crazy? The best people are."

------

------

(A/N) Did y'all like it? 
*winks* Don't be a silent reader!  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)