[26] s a f e

The white haired boy. I immediately recognized him despite my blurry vision.

The one and only Ken Kaneki.

"Interesting," The barbaric man in front of me raised his eyebrows as he stared at Kaneki-kun, "Looks like we've got the famous one eyed ghoul down in our basement."
"Release her," He replied in a deadly tone, "She's not your hostage."
"But why?" The man laughed, "She's my daughter! Don't try to break the loving relationship between us!" 

"Well damn, is that bullshit I hear?" Another familiar voice was heard.

Tsukiyama-kun's voice.

"Gourmet," The man exclaimed, "Well, this has to be interesting."
"It surely will be." Kaneki-kun replied instead.

"Tsukiyama-kun," Kaneki-kun ordered, "Take her. I'll deal with her father."

What about Toshi?

"What about this friend of hers who is clinging onto his life?" Tsukiyama-kun referred to Toshi.

Take Toshi too. Don't leave him behind to rot.

Kaneki-kun eyed my desperate expression and it was almost as if he could read my thoughts.

"Him too." He spoke.
"Mhm." Tsukiyama-kun nodded in reply.

Tsukiyama-kun swiftly picked up Toshi's body and slung him over his shoulder. As he was about to approach me, the man instantly blocked the way.

"How sad," He spoke in a fake and hurt voice, "You want to take my  beloved daughter away from me?"

He's not my father. I don't care if he is. I won't ever refer him as father. I'm not his so called beloved daughter. I'm tired of his lies.

But, my whole life is a lie anyways.

"I'm afraid Yami-chan does not look up to you as her father," Kaneki-kun criticized, "Especially after torturing  her."

That's true.
Have you ever faced the same thing, Kaneki-kun?

"Oh please," The man laughed it off, "She's my daughter. Don't stick your nose in our business, centipede." 
"I'm afraid I have to." He replied, lashing out his kagune at him.

This cruel age has deflected me.

As Kaneki-kun distracted the man by setting up a belligerent fight, Tsukiyama-kun broke my chains and freed me.

"Oh no, you won't." The man noticed that I was going to be taken away, but was then punched in the face by Kaneki-kun.

Destroying lives, one person at a time.

"Let's go." Tsukiyama-kun mumbled as he placed me gently on his other shoulder and ran past the hostile fight.
"What about..Kaneki-kun?" I whispered.
"Kaneki-kun will definitely come back intact, so no worries, mon petit chou." He replied, trying to lighten the mood.

This sadness will last forever.

But I will not last for long either.

---------------

T I M E | S K I P  

"Ugh." I fluttered my eyes open as I placed my hand on my head. My head was throbbing rapidly.

Where am I?

I looked around as I realized I was in a small room. I was laying on the sofa as blankets were wrapped around me. I sat up straight. As I did, I heard someone walking in the room.

Kaneki-kun.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked, taking a seat on the empty spot beside me.
"A bit better. Thank you for asking." I replied.
"Your friend, Toshi, seems to be frightened to face you."
"Is that so?"
"Mhm."

He betrayed me by letting my father see me. If he didn't allow it in the first place, none of these havoc would have happened.

"Where's Tsukiyama-kun?" I asked.
"He's outside the room. Probably having a chit-chat with the others." He replied, looking at me straight in the eye.
"What happened to..him..?" I questioned quietly.
"I left him to cling onto his life," Kaneki-kun looked away shamefully, "I apologize deeply if you didn't desire for me to do that."
"No. Rather, it was.." I murmured, "The right thing to do. I would have been dead then. Thank you." 

He nodded his head silently.

"How did you know I was in a situation like this?" I asked.
"Hinami-chan spotted you being carried by your father as you were unconscious," He replied, "She was on her way back when she saw that. As soon as she got back here, she informed all of us."
"I see.." I nodded.
"I would like to request something from you." He informed suddenly.
"What is it?" I looked at him.

"Please join my group. Please, Yami-chan."

----------------

(A/N) Dun, dun, dun!! Cliffhanger!!
What do you think will happen next?