10. I Laughed Because I Could See Him

Hello. I hope you guy's had good Thanksgiving.

Now the plot is getting started, do not assume this is going to be some cliche thing because of this chapter, I swear it won't. The next chapter will be a continuation of this chapter. I am narrowing on Eliza, Hunter, and Reece. The others: Griffith, Ashton, and London will surely be mentioned. 

I can't remember if I gave our POV character a name: so I named her Molly, correct me if I  already have. She will be taking the role of our protagonist and will become involved with the situation.

10.

My fingers slid through The Crown as I was rereading it for the fourth time this week. My fingers tickled the edges, flirting with its sharp sides.

There was a loud sound: the roar of a truck opening.

I glanced from my desk to the neighbor's house.

It was a nice, neat, perfect little house. But it was also, supposedly cursed, because the last owner died in there.

And now a new family was moving in. I was slightly upset because Mr.Carson was a quiet old man who didn't own a dog or any kids that can keep you up at night. Nope, it was just Mr.Carson, a sweet man, who gave out Kings size Hershey Bars on Halloween.

I reached for my binoculars as I zeroed past the moving guys.

There was a boy, a familiar boy, leaning against the truck.

He was wearing a Stanford sweatshirt and a pair of too-big jeans. He covered his face to hide from the shade of the sun.

He seemed stressed as the moving guys stepped out with boxes marked Fragile.The men jostled it around, jumping over fallen things.

I chewed my lip, remembering him from the night of football tryouts.

It was Reece.

I called my brother, who came a minute later, a protein bar in one hand and his phone in the other. My brother was tall and buff...but the biggest idiot ever.

"Isn't that the freshmen? You know...Reece?" I asked, pointing at the boy.

He shrugged making a hiccup sound, "I think so."

I was waiting for him to elaborate or show any emotion of our new neighbor.

He left, slamming my door as he headed back into his room. After his door had shut, Green day blasted from his speakers.

I glanced down as Reece caught ear of the music. Bewildered, he glanced up at our house and began mouthing the words.

Slowly closing the book, I put on my sneakers and coat.

The house was warm and stuffy, but the moment I opened the door, a drift fell it. The wind kissed my face, as leaves passed my feet into our nice foyer.

I slammed the door behind me but remained standing on the porch.

The color of winter and autumn blended into a mirage of white and red. But as December grew near, the red became a deadbeat brown. Ugly and dead.

Reece had vanished, he wasn't by the truck anymore.

I quickly caught a glance of the front door shutting loudly.

I was debating whether to go back inside, but I trudged through the pile of leaves.

The moving guys gave me looks; I wasn't quite sure I wanted to know why.

Knocking on the door, I waited patiently.

"I got it Mom!" a boy's voice shouted as footstep echoed down the hall.

I glanced through the stained glass window parallel to the door; someone was approaching.

The door opened to reveal Reece.

He looked at me, confused. There was no recognition in his green eyes of me.

"Can I help you?" he asked, unsure.

"I'm your neighbor, Molly. And I go to school with you...you're Reece...right?" I asked, dumbly.

He opened his mouth to speak, but merely closed it and began to nod.

"Well, I hope your move is going well," I said.

He nodded once more, "It's going."

There was a grunt from a moving guy behind me who was caring a heavy box.

"Sorry," I said, hastily.

I took a step to the side, my foot crushing the newly planted, pink tulips.

"Sorry," I murmured.

He shrugged, "it's fine. They're my mom's."

He said it as if he was happy I ruined it them, and moreover that I shouldn't care.

I don't think he liked the tulips.

"They're pretty," I said. But only after did I realize that did not help.

He laughed, pathetically, "Yeah, I guess."

I glanced uneasily at my shoes. Reece was making this awkward.

"Do you like pie?" I asked, suddenly.

Just as sudden, he went as pale as a ghost.

"Pie?" he echoed.

"Yeah," I nodded, "My family owns the Salvor's Bakery back on Irene St. We make the best pies."

"Like the food pie?"

He said food as if it was the most vulgar word.

"Yeah," I said, obviously, "like apple pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, chocolate chip pie, banana cream pie...so on and so forth."

His mouth hung agape, "No."

"No?" I found myself insulted; the bakery was known for their pies.

"No," his eyes widened, but calmed for a second, " I mean, no thank you,"

He slammed the door in my face.

Hi! Hope you enjoyed it. 

What is your guys' favorite pie?

Haha, now I have to get back to homework.