19. I Laughed Because He Was Arrested

This chapter goes more into Molly's family, especially her brother. In this chapter, there is kleptomania, which is a serious mental disorder, which effects a lot of people and ruins their lives. I won't tell you about it now, but at the end of the chapter. 

I mentioned her brother before, but I can't remember giving him a name. Did I?

19.

I was sitting in my room, like any other Saturday when I heard a knock on our door.

I was cozy with my blanket wrapped around me, and my hot chocolate was the right temperature.

"Can you get the door!" I screamed at my brother who was in the room besides me.

Our parents weren't home and thank god they weren't.

"No," he screamed back and we began bickering like a married couple.

Of course, the knocking did not cease.

"Virginia State Police," the voice thundered from our front steps.

My breath hitch and I flew from my seat so quickly that my hot chocolate spilled all over my white carpet.

I was panicking. Were we in trouble? Was there an accident? Were our parents dead? Was there a killer out on the loose?

My palms got all sweaty as I stepped from my room into the second floor view area.

I could see a figures head's popping from the glass arch above our door.

Freaked out, I called for my brother, "The Police are here!"

I realized soo after that by saying that I made the police aware we were here. Dammit. What if they're imposters?

My brother cursed. He stepped beside me, his breath heavy with something like anticipation.

He looked at his wrist and removed the shining Rolex, "Here's my watch. It's yours now, officially."

His announcement was stupid and silly. Why would he give me a watch? He doesn't give me anything?

"What the hell? A watch won't help us-"

"You."

"Me? It's your effing watch," I bit back, my fist tightening around its cool metal linked wristband.

"Just-" he hollered, cupping his hands around mine, "keep this."

I shook my head, feeling pathetic. I dropped it on the ground as I maneuvered slowly down the stairs and to the front door.

Beside the door was an oversized black umbrella that I grasped by my side. I cracked open the door, peeking out, holding my umbrella like a weapon.

The officer's eyes lit in a fury, "Drop the weapon!"

I yelled and threw the umbrella to the ground and held my hands up in surrender.

"Don't shoot!" I screamed.

He moved his hands away from his holster, his shoulders relaxing.

"Seriously, kid," he said, annoyed.

I swallowed hard, "What do you want?"

He sighed, "Is Eric Liser here?"

My heart skipped as I turned around. My brother was gone, I looked frantically back at the officer.

"Uh..he was here," I said, uneasily.

The officer grunted, "Eric Liser!"

He gently pushed past me, calling my brother's name, "Witnesses saw you steal the watch."