13. I Laughed Because They Hate Eachother

Hi, guys!

Sorry, I didn't update sooner. Finals are coming up for me, and my schedule is going to tighten. But that also means my 'breaks from the study' will be writing. 

This story uses language such as 'aholes' and 'pervert.' I want to tell you what is falsely assumed of Reece, is okay. Some see it as not right, but everyone uses different images during puberty, no matter the sexual orientation.

You'll understand later.

13. 

"Class," Ms.Ellis said, her purple hair bouncing as she quieted us.

"We are doing a partner project."

Cue the groan.

I glanced around at the room seeing a few people I knew and would partner with.

And then she said it: " I have preassigned partners."

Yep.

She began listing names.

Cacee was partnered with some boy

And I was partnered with the notorious Hunter.

He smirked, sending me an amused look.

I immediately thought two things:

I would be doing all the work

And

I get to spend time with the 'popular' guy

The conversation following was very casual with the subtle flirting. We planned to meet after school at my house.

I was walking down the hall, thinking happy thoughts, because I was happy.

And so was Eliza who stood with a teacher in the hall.

Eliza glowed with humble pride if that's possible.

"Th-thank you s-so much, Mr.Desole," she reviewed the paper in her hands.

"It's amazing, Eliza. So powerful. It made me swell of emotion" Mr.Desole praised.

The brunette blushed, "Thanks."

She seemed so delighted. So humble. So proud.

So hidden. So scared. So unsure.

"You're short story brought pride and pleasure. It brought a smile to my face. It made me happy," he congratulated, glowing brighter.

"It m-made you happy?" she echoed, completely struck with a tie between disbelief and bewilderment.

"Oh yes. You're writing about the father and daughter dancing was stunning. The way you described the girl's smile that spread across her body, as the father's hands held firm, making the girl feel safe."

She opened her mouth for a moment, then shut it.

"I expect more of this from you. I would like you to add on to the one you did the other day about sweaters. You left quite a cliffhanger... 'the sweater is also the best disguise,'" he reached to pat her on the shoulder.

She tensed for a moment, stiffening every part of her body as the man's hand gently touched her shoulder.

She let out a muffled cry but quickly bit her lip.

She let Mr.Desole pat her.

And I continued walking down the hall, carefree and careless.

Time lapse

I don't know why but something about Hunter made him popular.

I'm not sure if its his looks? Or his attitude? Or his jokes?