Prologue

Waking up with the Sun's rays is one of the most beautiful, yet the worst feeling one can experience. When I woke up, it was still dark, and also freezing cold. The nights in the desert can be horrible and even if I need to wake up every single day like this, I can get never used to this kind of cold. I live in a small house, if I can call it like that, it doesn't provide anything which could be an extra comfort for me, it is only suitable for living. It was old, the walls had several cracks, but thankfully, they didn't break. Usually, I sleep on the ground and I wrap myself in pieces of cloth, which aren't keeping much warmth but they are better than having nothing. Oh well, I can't afford expensive blankets and such, I am poor. I haven't mentioned that I live in the one and only, famous Uruk, where only science and knowledge is paid. You can be a mathematician, an astronomer or an alchemist, anything like that and you can get rich easily, you need to impress someone who has wealth and surely, you will get yourself some gold or jewels. Sadly, I was none of that. 

I woke up as soon as I could escape between the blankets, I sighed and stepped out without any kind of preparation. I needed to bring water from the Euphrates, the river which bends smoothly right here, near this city. I took two big jugs and started my short journey towards the river. I am not good at telling information about myself, so I will try it now, once again. I live alone, because my mother died when I was fourteen, and four years later, I am now eighteen. I work at the nearby pub, which is called the "Night Eye", which is a pretty strange name for a pub, but, eh, we gotta deal with it. My mother was in a huge debt, she had a loan from the pub's owner, and she died before we could repay it, so now I am obligated to work there, even if I hate Farid, the owner. He is an arrogant man, and always has some annoying comments about my work. I am a waitress, by the way. There are many places where people sell cheap wines and food, it is for commoners, typical peasants and such. I hate all those drunk bastards who decide to come there, and I am disgusted every time I see one's face, but I have no choice. I have to work there for about 2 or more years to repay my entire loan. The only source of money is from the customer's tips, which they give me if they are in a good mood. The pub is a happy little place, it always has a homelike atmosphere, and the building itself is very likable. Only if Farid and the people weren't there...

After I brought water, I washed my face super quickly and had only a few minutes to prepare, get dressed, put on my remained jewelry and leave for work. When I stepped outside once again, I was suddenly almost blinded by the sunlight. I let out a quick sight, then looked up at the sky. The Sun was right above the king's palace... oh right, I haven't mentioned the king yet. Well, he is a pretty strange person. I only know less about him, his name is Gilgamesh and he may or may not be a demigod or something like that. I frowned when I thought about this. It is so unfair, that some people are born to rule and they are rich and wealthy just because of that. I had nothing with rich people but it just hurts that I work every single day like a moron for poverty and he probably does nothing. A lot of gossips are being spread about him, but I was running late, so I had to leave. God, maybe I should ask Saniyya about him. Oh, Saniyya? She is my best friend. I have the impression that she knows absolutely everything.

What fate has for us, nobody knows...