Chapter 13

Gilgamesh's aspiration was unexpected so I almost choked on my own tongue while listening to him. After regaining my composure, I tried to explain my point of view without beating him with the chair I was not so peacefully sitting on.

"Very cute wish, my King." I sighed "But it is highly unlikely that it is going to happen."

"And why is that?" he seemed flabbergasted, clearly not understanding the reason behind my refusal.

"Because I have no urge to sleep with someone I barely even know." I told him strictly.

"Very upsetting." he eyed me dismayingly. "However it can be solved easily. I'm here, feel free to get to know me if that makes you comfortable."

His reaction was unusually calm, I thought he will at least throw a temper tantrum or threaten me with saying that he has the intention to kill me if I don't agree to become his toy.

"I don't even know why I'm asking for your consent though. You are much weaker than me, utterly feeble and easy to do away with if complications occur." he shrugged then, as if he knew what to say that would make me feel like he is the worst person on this planet, or at least in Uruk.

"You're still trying to be nice?" I avoided looking into his eyes.

"Maybe that is the logical explanation. Ridiculous as it may be, I can't help it but I start to feel like as if hurting you would cause me harm as well." he groaned angrily.

"I'm worried, King of Heroes, are you sick? There isn't an epidemic now in the city, what could have gotten to you?" I wondered, being troubled by his condition. "Do you need me to check your temperature? I have to look around for herbs that may aid your healing..." I started worrying. He might be a tyrant but I'm still serving him.

"I don't think it is necessary just yet but it makes me feel delightful to see you worry about me." he declined, however seemingly contemplated whether it was the right choice.

"If you need anything, don't hesitate to tell me. I want to see you recover from the strange illness which is making you suffer even more as time passes."

"I have already told you what might be a remedy, but you weren't so keen on co-operating. I believe it is not related to me, it is related to the fact that you are a virgin." he casually said without hesitation.

At least he is honest, although it doesn't make me any less wrathful. Being close to losing my temper, I almost stood up and broke the chair on his hard head, but thankfully I was able to hold back. In addition, it would be better to assassinate him when he can't defend himself.

"I believe that I have the right to decline such a childish request."

"You being my servant, I think you are misguided and what's worse, you don't even notice it."

"This is farcical." I stood up. "I ask for your forgiveness, but I need some fresh air." I said while exiting the room.

I remembered that navigation is not one of my strong points, but I was trying my best to find the closest balcony. The palace had plenty, so even with my skills, I managed to achieve this goal.

Gilgamesh was completely going insane and it bothered me. Not like I'm not attracted to him, it's just happening all too quickly and as long as I can object to his craziness, I will.

A little alone time was just what I needed. The night was peaceful, it was so strange to see the rooves of the houses and even see the borderline of this settlement, it really captured my attention. I noticed the dozens and millions of stars on the dark sky above and my gaze shifted to them. I wished I could gave deciphered them, identifying the constellations and their underlying message.

I was interrupted by a slight touch on my shoulder, which made me jump and turn around to see who harasses me even now.

"[Y/N], I wanted to talk to you." a certain blonde king stood before me with a stern face.

"Uhm, yes, feel free to do so if that is what you desire." I'm sure he wasn't asking for permission, but I gave it anyway.

"I have been thinking-"

"Well, now that's surprising." I rolled my eyes.

He coughed edgily.

"It's rude to interrupt someone while they are talking, also since I'm relatively calm now, it wouldn't be the best idea to make me angry."

"Okay, seconded." I nodded.

"So, getting back to where I was. I have been thinking about these complicated circumstances and I figured that maybe you don't have to sleep with me as I previously thought."

"How so?"

"I'm glad you asked. Well, I believe that for now, maybe we should try only... sleeping together. Engaging in other acts might be futile anyway because there is a chance that this method may work out." he presented his ideas as if it was a groundbreaking theory and was waiting for my reaction.

"Wait a second, so you are implying that... we should sleep together?"

"For a mongrel, you got that fairly quickly, yes."

"Calling me a mongrel won't convince me, Goldie."

He gasped, but before he could do or say anything, I was speaking again.

"Do you promise that you won't do anything besides what we have agreed on?"

"How inappropriate of you to think that I would go against my own idea."

"Do you promise or not?"

"I promise." he hissed, crossing his arms.

"Good, then maybe I am okay with your plan..."

He grabbed me by the hand cheerfully but impatiently and started walking towards an unknown place.
This was the first moment when I came to realize what I just agreed to and a deep red blush creeped on my face.

"Gilgamesh, I only said maybe." I whispered meekly.

"I know you want it, you know you want it, you're just too shy to express your unquenchable desire to sleep next to me." he laughed carefreely and looked behind his back right into my eyes, which made me blush even more.