Chapter 6

"Are you ready to leave?"  

When he asked this question, he turned back to face me and his piercing red eyes went right through my soul. The exact same feeling I had when I first looked into his crimson orbs. It makes me shiver however it feels so foreign, so strange yet... comforting. As if he has a soul, too... and maybe also... feelings? I wouldn't risk that, though. 

I quickly realized that I have to reply to the question and that he was waiting for that answer. Maybe he cares about the whole thing? Most certainly not... then why does he act like he does?Is it just a mere formality? A tyrant king, the King of kings wouldn't care about formalities, would he?

"Yes, I'm ready." I said in a hurry because he hates to wait. 

"What took you so long to respond to a simple question like that?" he frowned.

"I'm sorry I made you wait again without a reason, my king." I lowered my head and mumbled.

"I forgive you." he said, not even surprised and grabbed me with ease, putting me on his shoulders. "Anyway, marvelous! We shall hurry then." 

Before I could open my mouth to say anything related to where are we going and how, and what is this strange position we currently are in, I started to feel dizzy, as if the world was spinning and passed out.

[...]

Headache struck into my head like lightning right before I wanted to open my eyes. I was lying on something soft which seemed odd.

Where am I? What happened?

I felt frightened, so I opened my eyes as fast as I could, not caring about the headache. I sat up and looked around. This place was something I have never ever seen before. It was a small room, but it felt delicate. The thing I was currently sitting on was a soft blanket with complex embroidered designs representing flowers. The touch and look of it made me think it's an expensive piece. The next thing I noticed were the walls, they were made of solid stone and suggested that I am in a massive building. The dim light of a torch allowed me to explore the stylish but rather simple design of the room. On the bed I noticed some cushions as well, with the same embroidered flowers the blanket had. 

This place was nothing like home, yet it had a comfortable atmosphere, something I could get used to. I remembered Gilgamesh and after putting all the pieces together in my mind I concluded that he must be the one who brought me here. This can't be his room though, that made me feel safe even if he didn't hurt me so far. Calling me woman instead of my name is not a real reason to be upset about, I guess.

The most logical possibility now would be that I am in the royal palace, where the king lives with his other servants. If he didn't kill them, of course. Wait... are there any other servants besides myself or am I stuck with a monster all alone? Okay, he didn't give me any reasons to refer to him as monster... yet! Let's hope he won't.

The only way to know the truth about all these is to find out, so I got up and headed to the door. I found myself on a long hallway and I already felt lost. Why didn't he leave me a clue how to find him? Or does he think I am so smart that I can figure it out? I didn't take a step but I already feel lost!

Okay, be rational! Or at least, try to. In a place like this it's hard to maintain equanimity but as a royal servant, I must learn sooner or later where certain places are in this huge building. I'm curious how it looks like from the outside, I have never seen it up close.

After minutes which felt like hours I finally got in a huge chamber where I could notice the king, sitting casually on his throne. He was not alone though... he had some rather interesting company. Two gigantic lions were sitting at his feet, right in front of him. Both of them seemingly males, or so their voluminous manes suggested. 

"Splendid, I've been waiting for you!" Gilgamesh looked at me when I arrived. His lions didn't seem ferocious in their current state but who knows what kind of beasts they are, so I was afraid to get closer to him. 

"You were? This is unbelievable because it seems like you are enjoying some-" I coughed. "rather strange company." I looked at the animals who were not bothered by my presence.

"Nonsense!" he shook his head. "These lions are with me ever since I live here, they are not strange at all. You don't like them?" he asked with his eyebrow raised.

"Yes... I do." I looked at them again, scanning their moves carefully. 

"They won't bite you unless I command, so come closer. It would be hard to serve me if you always plan to maintain such a distance between us." he explained.

I did as he said and got closer, but not too close. I was too scared to look into his eyes again. 

"It took you long to wake up. It's so annoying how humans are not able to keep up with the simplest magic." he sighed while talking with a monotone voice.

"So you brought me here by... magic?" I asked, not able to process what I heard.

"Exactly. What did you think, I'm going to pick you up and walk you through the whole town of Uruk? What kind of filthy peasant do you take me for?" Gilgamesh laughed whole-heartedly.

"Oh..." I whispered. "So, what will I have to do?"