Chapter 7

"Oh..." I whispered. "So, what will I have to do?" 

"Anything I order you to do, woman." he said with a puzzled look, not understanding why would I ask such a question with such an obvious answer.

"I understand but..." I tried my best to stay calm and explain what I want to express to him without insulting him in any way. "What kind of orders are you planning to give?"

"Any kind I can ever imagine." he shrugged while grinning "What's with all these meaningless questions? Just because I am in a good mood now doesn't mean you can annoy me."

"I didn't mean to... I'm just curious because I never did anything like this so far." I explained not wanting to annoy him at all. I don't want to be the next victim of his killing spree.

"Well... tell me about yourself!" he said with a demanding tone, still grinning. He leaned back in his throne and started petting one of his lions' head with his right hand but looking at me putting forward for consideration that he is indeed paying attention to me.

"Uhm..." I was dumbfounded. "I'm sure I'm not that interesting. Between you and me you seem like the person who has more significant information about their own self, my king."

"Very well, that may be true but" he seemed lost in thought for a second then looked back at me. "King's orders." he grinned and clicked his tongue. Okay, he is a devil we can officially confirm that now.

I sighed, finally giving in. 

"I am [Y/N], an eighteen year old female citizen of Uruk." after putting emphasis on my name so he maybe will call me by that, I suddenly realized I don't have much to say. "I have never been in an extravagant place like this before, I was working in the pub where we met for four years and I didn't pay attention to anything else other than my work. Now it really wasn't that interesting, was it?" 

He paid attention to every word I pronounced and nodded.

"Extravagant?" he burst out laughing. "And you didn't even see half of it, and you are already amazed! How expectable of a mere human!"

"I'm happy not to surprise you, my king." I said unamazed, I tried to keep up with his mood changes.

He quickly shifted back to his normal behavior.

"So, is there anything you would like to ask? Maybe I'll answer, I'm fully content right now." 

"Yes, there is." I hesitated a bit and I'm sure he realized that by hearing my voice.

"Out with it!" he commanded.

"Well, the room I woke up in... will that be the place where I'll... live? Or at least go to sleep?"

He scratched his chin while admiring the ceiling.

"Yes it will, unless I order you to sleep elsewhere."

"What do you mean by... elsewhere?"

"Like, with me." he winked then his face became all serious again. "Don't dream about that though, I don't like sleeping with mongrels."

Just when I though he is somewhat... flirting? he calls me a mongrel. He sure has a lot of sass going on.

"What a shame, I thought we would spend some quality time together." I said with a sad face even if I was internally laughing a bit at his sudden outburst.

"You should pray to the gods then, who knows what will happen, they may even favor you." he showed another wide grin. 

"I will pray to only one god, my king and I suppose you already know who that is." I said while chuckling, not even thinking about what the hell I am doing now.

He seemed flabbergasted, he mustn't have expected such an answer. When he regained his stability he got up from his throne and turned his back against me.

"Okay, enough talking! You should go and prepare my bath."

After a moment of silence I decided to speak. He must have forgot that I just got here like... a few hours ago and I was completely unaware of myself when he put me in a completely unknown building to me.

"Yes of course, but I don't know where..." 

"I have to do anything myself if I want it done right." he groaned and suddenly turned back. "Come on, I'll show you where. But only once!" he highlighted. 

Then we headed off to prepare his royal bath.

A/N here:

Sorry for the short chapter, feel free to vote and comment though! 

I'm planning to write from Gilgamesh's POV as well~