Chapter 4

I ran off after Gilgamesh disappeared and thoughts started storming in my head and I just couldn't keep up with them. Maybe talking it over with Saniyya will help. When I arrived I could see that she was waiting for me impatiently.

"Saniyya!" I said while panting and sitting down next to her. "I'm sorry for being so late but when I tell you what just happened I think you will forgive me."

She looked at me in disbelief.
"Well then, go ahead!" she nodded as a sign that I should start.

I told her everything in detail and I could see that she is shocked as well.

"So, if I got it right, you will be his personal servant after one week?" she asked as if she was doubting me.

"Yeah, exactly." I answered her question. "I don't know why but I don't really know how to react to this whole thing, it's just too much. Why me of all people?"

Saniyya looked at me and I could see that she is a bit shocked.

"Well, you are in big trouble." she simply stated and I could see that she is worrying. "Nobody ever came back nor dead nor alive from his palace. Gilgamesh may be good looking as hell, I can't deny that... but there is something wrong with him. I think you realized that by now." 

"Great way to make me anxious, Saniyya, thank you." I sighed. "I know this whole thing is dangerous but what can I do? I accepted my fate already." I shrugged as well.

"Between you and me, Gilgamesh is quite a catch. Sadly appearance is not an extenuating factor. If only he wasn't a psycho killer... Hey, you can try to make him behave! It's worth a shot... Anyway, you know that almost all the ladies from here got their target on him? If you come back alive from his palace an army of jealous girls will make sure to kill you at any given opportunity." she was talking about me getting murdered casually as if she was talking about the weather.

"If his mother failed to make him behave it's not my job." I rolled my eyes then became a bit annoyed. "We must talk about my death? I'm already worried." 

"Right, sorry. You wanted to ask something, I remember. What was it?" 

"I wanted to ask about the king, how ironic... I actually got the answer to all of my questions. I hate to say this but I don't know how to feel about this whole thing. It's already late night but I'm feeling anything but sleepy, great... However, please don't worry about me. I don't know if we will be able to talk if I leave but I won't forget you." I looked at the water smoothly flowing in front of us, then I stared up in the sky and tried to identify the various constellations astronomers specified but I wasn't able to do that, so I just decided to 'invent' new ones. I place no credence in these kind of sciences, anyway. 

"You sound like you are saying your final goodbye, this is so heartbreaking." Saniyya turned to face me and I sighed. I sigh a lot, I noticed that. 

"I am, in fact. I will spend this week he gave me to prepare myself mentally for the madness he will drag me in. Please, I know you have to work tomorrow. You should go and get some rest and don't worry about me." I hugged her and she was puzzled for a second, then she hugged me back.

"I respect your decision but please, if you can find a way don't forget to talk to me." she ruffled my hair with a smile and then got up and waved goodbye.

"I will, I can promise that. Thank you for being so accepting and for being my friend." I looked down, feeling guilty then I could hear her walking away. It's difficult for both of us, but I do need solitude in order to solve this mess inside my head.

I suddenly felt like I am being prepared for execution. Honestly, this day was more interesting and eventful than my whole life! I was raised in a humdrum part of Uruk, after I lost my mother it was nothing but detrimental. I never had a father in the first place but I started missing his presence even more ever since mother was gone. I shook my head, stop thinking about this! I was destitute all my life and now this man came and will drag me into his world... his world. His world is full of gold and riches, where money can be squandered, it's a part of his life. I will be his servant, yet I don't even know what he means by that. I hope it's nothing like... that. Known for his bellicose ways, I hope it's nothing brusque either. I can only hope it will turn out just fine. 

I slowly lied down and stared upwards continuously. I wanted solitude but now I was feeling lonely. I closed my eyes leisurely.

A/N here duhh:

Happy New Year people!

Also thank you all for the votes, comments and reads, they mean a lot to me   ❤