Chapter 1

As I made my way towards the pub I am working in, I couldn't stop thinking about the king, who is still named Gilgamesh and every other female citizen is falling head over heels in love with him. A sarcastic smile appeared on my face, many girls my age would kill to see him, yet, I don't even know who he is or how does he look like. I don't even think that I have to mention that because of my debt and my hard job which consumes almost all of my time, I don't have time to chat, meet up or sometimes even look at the members of the opposite gender. Unlike me, my best friend, Saniyya always has time for love stories, which always sounded extremely pathetic and stupid to me. The saddest thing about this was that somehow she made it her life goal to set me up with someone and made herself my love doctor, even though I never asked for one, or her help for finding my significant other. Oh well, people are different, and she is such a lovely person, so I could never hate her. We worked together in the pub and shared our work and help each other out if the owner started to complain.

Because of having so many thoughts, I kind of zoned out, and returned back to reality when I saw someone violently shake her hand in front of my face.

"[Y/N]!" I heard a familiar voice and looked at the black-haired girl standing in front of me. I couldn't tell if she was angry or happy for me being there.

"Saniyya! Nice to see you again." I smiled but then I noticed, she is a bit mad. Then, the dawn of the realization came upon me, I was late for my work. "I am a bit late, eh?"

"A bit you say? You have to be happy if Farid won't impale you." she replied and rolled her eyes. "He sent me out to look for you." Oh crap, this day starts nicely.

Saniyya, being the nice person she is, dragged me in the pub, so we won't end up talking in front of the door and wasting our time. I internally sighed, I wanted to ask her about the king, but now it seems like I won't have the opportunity until night-time, when my shift ends. I looked at her as we entered the building. I know Farid, he won't let me leave after my work is done, he will make me clean up the whole pub and will make me do extra work for no money even though my payment was never huge, nor acceptable.

"Saniyya, I know this isn't the right time to announce this, but after this jerk will let me go, I want to talk to you..." I whispered to her and she nodded. This meant that we will have a discussion near the river and observe the night sky for an unspecified duration of time.

She wanted to answer, but she was cut off by none other than the owner... Great, the fight begins, he was far beyond annoyed.

After countless minutes of listening to him flaming about how useless I am and how in the living hell can I be late again, he finally let us start our work. I was used to his insults or glares but this doesn't mean that I don't want him to shut up. Honestly, I almost started shouting back at him, but the fact that Saniyya tried to rescue me by saying excuses which were obviously lies enlightened my heart. I wasn't used to having friends or people I can trust, she was the only one after I lost my mother, but I think I made the right choice by befriending her.

In the "Night Eye" nothing has changed. The customers were still unbearable sometimes, they spilled their drinks everywhere, the smell was terrible, but this didn't surprise me like it did on the first day. I don't think it's necessary to talk more about what I did in the pub, I was just cleaning tables and the floor and serving drinks while trying to smile and not to spit on some of the people because they were disgusting.

Time just flew by and Saniyya's shift ended so she left and told me to survive those extra hours Farid gave me. That jerk. Oh well, just as Saniyya left, the whole place seemed more horrible to me. The number of customers decreased, now the only people who were still there were the regulars who almost even lived in this dark hole.

I started to lose hope, but still tried to smile at the drunken bastards, receiving insignificant tips. Farid was a devil, he enjoyed watching me suffer, so he was just grinning like a satisfied child. Minutes felt like hours, I suddenly had nothing to do, so I sat down in the corner near a window. Suddenly the front door creaked open and I looked at the man who walked in and almost let out a "wow". Thank God, I didn't.

This guy was dressed in a golden armor from head to toe, with blonde hair and piercing red eyes. Now this is first class, but to me, he seemed like a posh kid who tries to play it cool. He seemed like he is not even close to amazed, his gaze was empty, bored and intimidating.

I tried not to look at him, but I still did for an unknown reason and our eyes met, and I just forgot how to breathe for a second.

A/N here:

Hi there people! I am sorry this took me like almost a year to update, I am a terrible person, I know, but here is the next part of this story. Still, I am not a native English speaker, nor an expert in history, so if I make mistakes, I am sorry!