City reputation

You pulled the quilt closer to your nose as you contemplated your choices. 

You could ether leave, get on that train that was going to leave very soon, or stay and figure this all out somehow.

 Maybe get some fresh air, clear your head. Then maybe leave to go to Canada, and if something happened you could just call the cops or get magical help, you were a witch after all.

 You looked up at the ceiling one last time and pulled the duvet off your body. You quietly tip-toed to the coat rack, grabbing your trench coat and scarf, placed them on, and slipped on your shoes.

Walking quickly into the kitchen, grabbing a piece of paper you scribbled down "I left early to clear my mind for awhile if I don't come back know that I've decided to continue my search alone or left for my train, thank you for the room." - _______

You step out of the apartment building into the cold weather. You quickly get the chills and walk over to shop window. You pull out your map and look at it curiously, deciding to take a small walk to 'Central Park'. 

Your shoes crunched in the freshly fallen snow on the pavement, it made you uncomfortable, your feet were cold and wet now.

After twenty minutes of walking and you stopped to look into the window of a bakery, realizing you were still hungry. Looking around you'd realized you'd finally reached your destination. 

The moon hung brightly overhead, it was calming. 

You deeply enjoyed this feeling, it made you forget about all the bad events that had happened. You sat on a bench and took in the scenery in front of you, the frost covered grass, the pond frozen and slick, the cobblestone bridge lightly covered in fresh powder.

You were in such a daze you didn't notice the figure approaching behind you. It wasn't human, but simply an animals scurrying shadow cast on the pavement.