We're Swimming with the sharks

"Excuse me?" You said looking at the woman sitting in front of you.

"I said sit , we need to talk, did I stutter?" She replied sharply

"Uh, no ma'am..." You said grabbing the leather chair in front of you, placing your body in it, shifting around uncomfortably.

"So,_______. What do you remember about your position at MACUSA, or the mission you went on, and why should I believe that your not one of Grindelwald's mutts right now?"

You looked at the woman with a confused expression,
"G-Grindelwald?" You stuttered.

Although the name sounded familiar, you didn't have a face to match with the name, if you could just hear the persons voice you'd know if the figure was him or not, the strange man that is.

Just thinking about the bone chilling, nightmarish memory made you get goosebumps.

"It, certainly does ring a bell, but Madam President, however I only have one memory of fighting a dark wizard. I'm not with that Gelzer, or Grindelwald man or whatever. I don't think."

She leaned back in her chair for a moment in a obvious deep thought, before sitting up again.

"Fine...I'll choose to help you, just don't betray this extremely rare case of kindness, or empathy without excessive evidence to your claim later on_______."

"Thank you so much madam President! I can't explain how thankful I am for this!"

The president gives you a small smile. You sit and wait in anticipation for her next words.

"Y/n. There's a magical tactic all aurors learn. When something life threatening happens you can leave your memory, and store it in objects. Like a memory horcrux. It's a way to keep your memory safe. For all memories to be revealed, you must first find out how you lost you memories, in your case it was most likely self inflicted. If I'm right about all this. Your memories are stored in objects, like pieces to a puzzle to a whole picture. The most important of these is the memory key. Once you find the key memory object where your most important memory is stored, we'll be able to restore the rest of them with a brisk wave of a wand and a days worth of rest. They only trouble, is finding where your memory is located. However, I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you in the hospital wing really soon."

Your smile fades, self inflicted? You think.

"Madam President , does self inflicted mean?"

"Yes, it means this was no accident, you did this to yourself. On purpose."

-------------------------------