Nobody thinks what I think

You and Newt landed with a thud onto the pavement. Your breathing was heavy, and your sight was disoriented. 

His hand still held firmly to yours.

He was the first to get up, not letting go of your hand he pulled you up as well. He finally let go, and muttered something quietly. Opening up his suitcase, while he was shuffling around in it, you glanced at your surroundings. A small alleyway. No one would think twice about, hidden. 

Good, you thought.

Newt fully opened his suitcase and did something that surprised you, he stepped inside the case, then reached out a hand to help pull you along with him.

 You carefully stepped in and stumbled around, the case locking and closing behind you. He looks at you strangely and takes his jacket off. He grabs a few buckets and you follow him, after taking your coat off as well. 

He sets down the buckets to roll up his sleeves. Sitting down on the steps of a bungalow of some sort. He looks at you again as if to ask for your explanation.

You oblige, explaining to him how you woke up in a abandoned warehouse, and embarrassingly explain how he was the first, actually only thing you remembered, and tell him about the Goldstein sisters you had met. 

He listens to you and seems to be at least somewhat engrossed in your story. When you finish he puts his head in between his legs and with a shaky voice says "You really don't remember me do you? Even you wouldn't joke about something this serious."

It put you in pain to see him so upset. He seemed so nice.

"Hey it's going to be alright...I've been remembering things little by little, who knows what will happen." You day with a small smile as you pat his shoulder gently.

He gets up and hands you one of the buckets.

"Well come on let's see if you remember any of my creatures." He says, beginning to lead the way.

You walk with him and gasp at your surroundings.

____

You follow Newt to the first habitat. It was a forest area, as the vegetation was limited to the trees. 

You were so taken by your surroundings you had only noticed that you had stopped when Newt was explaining something about a creature called a bowtruckle.You just couldn't seem to focus so you just nodded you head along. 

Still amazed, but you mostly focused on how passionate Newt was when he talked about his creatures.

He's such a distant person, it seems the only way to get to the real him is through his creatures. 

Newt started to move to the next habitat, a jungle, dense vegetation and hot thick air. Where a group of snake-like animals with beaks and feathers were sat, in neat little curled up bundles. 

You watched as he stroked the animals and fed them gently. 

He was so kind, no wonder he was a Hufflepuff.

Wait, what's a hufflepuff? What's happening-

Suddenly, you became dizzy. You just decided to follow Newt to the next habitat. Even though you head hadn't stopped spinning. 

It was a desert. The hot, dry air seemed to choke you up.

"You're not looking so good." Newt said approaching you.

"No I'm fine." You said, moments afterward, fainting.

----------------------

You shot up, sticky and sweaty inside a small room on a cot, your hair stuck to your forehead. Newt's face filled with relief when he saw you awake, and alive.

 He pulled you into an embrace. You hugged him back this time. Your dreams had been plagued by nightmares, torture, and lots of pain.You felt like crying. Newt was the only reminder that those things were fake, the only thing keeping you grounded.

You were in a white t-shirt and didn't feel like asking why because that would be awkward for the both of you. (Your pretty sure you vomited everywhere after you fainted) so picked the most important word to say,

"Water."

" Yes! I'll get some." Newt grabbed a glass of the counter (you hoped was clean) and cast a spell, the glass filled up. He held it toward you.

You then snatched it from him and drank. He looked at you and brushed a piece of curly hair out of his face.

"I-I'm sorry for causing so many problems, I'm sorry for being such a problem." you say falling back onto the pillow

"You're not a problem, really, I'm happy to take care of you for once." He says

"Thank you." you say, trying to remember more about him, again. But failing.

"Do you want to go sleep again?" He asks

You nod your head but not before saying "Wait! Where are you going to sleep? I've been hogging all your things and you probably haven't slept in hours.

"Oh, I have loads of places-" he says but you cut him off

"I know we just met or.... well... just stay. Please. Just, these nightmares, and I'd just feel terrible if you don't fall asleep because of me. So stay, the cot has plenty of room." You pat the empty space next to you.

"Well, fine. But, if I'm keeping you, don't hesitate to tell me." He says, eventually lying down next to you.
-----------------------------