«Chapter 5»

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

"Anna, no. No way. It's not worth it. Anna, are you even listening?!" Steve spoke to his sister, who was gathering stuff in a bag and throwing it in the back of an army jeep. 

"You heard Philips. Bucky is most likely captured by HYDRA. He can't be dead. He wouldn't do that to us," she stated stubbornly, not once showing signs of slowing down. 

"What are you planning to do, walk to Austria?" he asked. 

"If that's what it takes, yes."

"Anna, what are you doing?" Peggy asked as she entered the tent.

"I'm going after Bucky," she said. 

"Your friend is most likely dead," Peggy stated. 

"You don't know that," Anna grumbled. 

"You heard Colonel Philips. He's planning a strategy," Peggy said. 

"By the time he's done, it'll be too late." And with those words, Anna threw her bag in the car and got in. 

Ten days later, Anna still hadn't returned and it wasn't looking like she was going to come back any time soon, leaving her older brother worried and scared for her life. He wanted to go with her, but she wouldn't let him and he knew better than to defy her wishes. 

He was pacing the floor of his tent until the front flap opened. Peggy entered, wearing a worried look on her face. "No sign of them," she stated. 

Steve sighed and sank down in a chair. "What am I going to do?" 

"I might have an idea," Peggy said and when Steve looked up to meet her eyes, she held a small smirk on her red lips.

***

"The HYDRA camp is in Cross Burg, exactly in the middle of these two ranges," Peggy explained. Steve nodded, trying to absorb all the information she was telling him. 

The two were seated in a military aeroplane, flying over hostile grounds. Howard Stark had volunteered to fly the plane that Peggy 'borrowed' to help Steve find his sister and best friend. "We should be able to drop you off right on the doorstep," Howard announced. 

"Just get me as close as you can," Steve told him. "You know, you two are gonna be in a lot of trouble when you land." 

"And you won't?" Peggy questioned rhetorically. 

"Where I'm going, if anyone yells at me, I can just shoot 'em," Steve said with a small grin. 

"They will most likely shoot back," Peggy stated. 

"Well, let's hope this is good for something." He patted the metal shield that was sitting on the bench beside him. 

"Agent Carter, if we're not in too much of a hurry, I thought we could stop somewhere for a late-night fondue?" Howard called. Peggy sighed before turning back to Steve, who raised his brows at her.

"Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to enter this airspace. We're lucky to have him," she said, averting her eyes to the ground of the plane. 

Steve nodded shortly before speaking up, "So you two... Do you... Fondue?" he stuttered, not exactly knowing what to say. 

Peggy completely ignored his question as she handed him a piece of technology. "This is your transponder. Activate it when you're ready and it'll lead us straight to you."