«Chapter 31»

Almost there, Anna told herself as she sprinted over the roof of the building. As she ran, she saw a shadow approaching her from the back and the next second, she slammed into the ground. She quickly jumped back on her feet and realised her backpack was gone. 

Her attacker rose to his feet in front of her and Anna was faced with a man in a black suit that resembled a cat. It even had ears. The attacker whipped out his claws that shone brightly in the sunlight. 

Fighting him wasn't easy. Anna realised he was stronger and faster than her and she struggled to fend him off. Cat-Man slammed his knee into her chest and she flew through the air. Her back hit an airconditioning exit and the air was knocked from her lungs. 

But she had no time to catch her breath as a claw came at her face. She quickly ducked to the side and got to her feet. The Cat-Man somersaulted and scratched her arm, leaving a shallow cut. 

She rolled onto the ground and Cat-Man held her there. She was barely quick enough to keep his claws away from her face as she tightly gripped his wrists. 

Bullets rained from the sky and Anna looked up, seeing a helicopter had arrived. Before she had time to think of a way to get rid of it, a man with mechanical wings knocked the aircraft from the sky. Cat-Man was distracted, and Anna kicked him off of her. She grabbed her backpack and took a sprint to the edge of the building where she leapt over the edge and onto the ground below. 

She broke out in another sprint as Cat-Man chased her over the sidewalk. The helicopter returned soon after and Anna jumped down onto the road that was paved below her. Cars honked and swerved around her. She whipped around and dashed off. Both Cat-Man and Captain America chased after her.

The cars were moving too slow for her liking, so she decided to run over them instead of around them, hopefully throwing off her chasers. A battalion of Romanian police cars was now also tailing her, but Anna was still faster thanks to whatever HYDRA had done to her.

Suddenly, three cars came toward her, and she had to make a sharp turn to the left onto the other side of the road. A motorcycle came at her and she made up her mind. 

She put her hand on the handle and knocked off the driver, turning the motorcycle around in the air as she did so. Its wheels hit the ground again and Anna swung her leg over it, allowing it to take off. The bike gave her even more speed and she raced over the asphalt. A specific black Audi chased her and she knew the Captain was in that one. 

The tunnel was soon coming to an end but before Anna and her motorcycle could reach it, Cat-Man jumped after her. She was quick to wrap her hand around his throat, but he swung his legs over his body and tilted the bike. Anna's left arm hit the ground but she kept pressing the gas. She couldn't stop now. Not when she was so close to getting away. She had to find Bucky. He would explain everything to her. 

As the tunnel ended, Anna threw up an ignited bomb and after exactly two seconds, it exploded. The bridge above them collapsed in the explosion, but not before Cat-Man, Captain America, and his flying sidekick leapt through. Cat-Man's claw hit the back tire of the bike and it swerved before crashing to the ground. Anna rolled over the road and before Cat-Man could harm her with his claws, her brother took him down. They stood across from each other as police vehicles surrounded them.

Steve held out his arm in front of his sister as the three of them caught their breath. Anna felt like punching something. She was caught. Who knew what was going to happen to her now. She was being framed for a bombing she had no part in and the person she wanted to be with, was on the run, not knowing if she was ever going to show up or not. 

War Machine landed on the road, raising his repulsors at the trio. "Stand down! Now!" he ordered them sternly.

Steve put his shield on his back and War Machine said, "Congratulations, Cap. You're a criminal." 

Anna was forced to the ground by policemen and Steve was handcuffed. A knee pressed into Anna's back as her hands were tightly tied behind her back. 

Cat-Man took off his mask, revealing the Wakandan heir, T'Challa. "Your Highness," said War Machine.

Anna was pulled from the ground and held by four men with another two in front of her as she was dragged to a black van. She was forced into a seat and three clamps trapped her arms. One around her right arm and two around her left. A man flicked a switch and a steady electric current surged through her metal arm, paralysing it. She groaned at the pain it caused and bit down on her teeth. She closed her eyes and rested her head against the seat behind her. 

"She's secured, let's go," the man who had flicked the switch said, closing the doors of the van she was in. Darkness consumed her and all she could hear was people talking in Romanian. She caught the words 'police, government, and Berlin'. 

Berlin.

Bucky.

She started to panic, not wanting to leave Bucky behind, and began to struggle against the tight clamps. The electricity suddenly spiked, shocking her to full-body paralysis and she screamed at the pain surging through her body. 

She calmed and the electricity decreased, but the dull ache it left throbbed throughout her entire body. A tear slipped from her eye. Finally, she had found peace and quiet with Bucky, but all of that had been ripped away and thrown in a dumpster. She didn't know what Bucky was going to do, or where he was going to go. All she knew, was that she was going to Berlin without him and that she might never see him again. 

The doors of the van opened again and two men sat down across from the containment cell she was in. She coldly stared them down as they kept a close eye on her without making it too obvious they were watching her. They held two large guns to their chests and they were clad in black, protective uniforms.

A light flicked on in her cell and the van began to move.