«Chapter 34»

Steve, with America by his side, jogged toward the chopper that was waiting for them at the Leipzig Airport, but before they could even come close, a device hit the aircraft and it was electrified. 

Steve looked up and saw Iron Man flying toward them. War Machine followed closely behind. Steve sighed. Here we go, he thought to himself. 

The two landed in front of them with loud clangs. "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony Stark said, his mask falling down. "Don't you think that's weird?" he asked his companion.

"Definitely weird," Rhodey agreed. 

"Just hear him out, Tony," America pleaded.

"That doctor, the psychiatrist. He's behind all of this," said Steve.

Black Panther skillfully leapt over a crate and landed next to Rhodey. "Captain," he greeted Steve. "Mrs Rogers."

"Your Highness," Steve said, nodding his head in acknowledgement. America followed his example as she didn't really know what to say in this situation.

"Anyway," Tony spoke up. "Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" 

"You're after the wrong person," America stated.

"Your judgement is askew," Tony shot back. He said to Steve, "Your sister killed innocent people yesterday-" 

"And there are five more supersoldiers just like her," Steve interrupted him. "I can't let the doctor find 'em first, Tony. I can't." 

"Steve, Mer," a new voice said and Steve whipped around. Natasha stood behind them in her Black Widow suit. "You know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" 

Steve turned back to Tony, not saying anything. 

Tony sighed. "Alright, I've run out of patience," he said. "Underoos!" 

Both Steve and America frowned but was left utterly speechless as a string of web attached to Steve's shield and ripped it from his hands. His hands were webbed together and his shield was taken away. America's feet were webbed to the ground. On the truck beside Tony landed a guy in a red and blue spandex suit. 

"Nice job, kid!" Tony called.

"Thanks! Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just a new suit. Wait, it's nothing, Mr Stark, it's perfect. Thank you," Spandex-guy rambled and judging by his voice, he couldn't be much older than 20.

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation," Tony said. 

"Okay," he agreed. "C-Captain? Big fan. Spider-Man." He saluted toward Steve, who couldn't help but smile at the kid's enthusiasm. 

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Just..." Tony sighed.

"Hey, everyone." Spider-Man quickly waved at the others.

"Good job," Tony said.

"You've been busy," noticed Steve, nodding toward Spider-Man.

"And you've been a complete idiot," Tony snapped and only now, Steve noticed the large bruise under his eye. "Dragging in Clint, rescuing Wanda from a place she doesn't even wanna leave, a safe place! I'm trying to keep-" He cut himself off and released a breath. "I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." 

"You did that when you signed," Steve calmly said.

"Alright, we're done," Tony grumbled. "You're gonna turn Anna over and you're gonna come with us, now, because it's us... or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being polite!" he shouted. He lowered his voice. "Come on..." 

"We found it," Sam Wilson said in Steve's ear through the comms. "The quinjet's in hangar 5, north runway." 

Steve raised his tied up hands and Clint shot an arrow between them, freeing him from the webbing. America ripped her feet free and Tony's mask quickly appeared to cover his head as he whipped around. 

"Alright, Lang," Steve said. 

"Guys, someth-" Spider-Man was cut off as Scott Lang, or Ant-Man, grew from ant-size to his full-body size and kicked him in the jaw, throwing him off his feet. 

"I believe this is yours, Captain America," Scott said, handing Steve his shield back.

Tony rose up in the sky before he took off. Black Panther suddenly sprinted toward the building, calling out, "Rogers is mine!" 

Steve's eyes widened before he chased after Black Panther to stop him. "Go, I've got him!" America shouted at her husband before speeding off to where Anna and Sam jogged through the hallway of the airport. "We have to get out of here before things get out of hand," America told them. 

Suddenly, someone stuck themselves against the window. 

"What on Earth is that?" Anna asked.

"Everyone's got a gimmick now," Sam grumbled before Spider-Man flung himself through the window and kicked both America and Sam to the other side of the hallway. 

Anna rose her fist and launched it full speed at the guy's head. What she didn't expect, was that he stopped her fist midair. Her jaw dropped slightly as he exclaimed, "Wow, you have a metal arm? That is awesome!" Anna realised he was still a kid. Her fist just got stopped by a kid. She stared at him for a second before Sam flew in, taking the kid into the air. 

He wiggled himself free and swung onto a beam near the ceiling. Sam threw a billboard after him and he dodged it without a problem. 

Anna peered at him from behind a pillar and America followed her, but the two instantly had to jump aside as Spider-Man hurled the billboard back at them, shouting, "Hey, I think you lost this!" 

Sam flew into him from behind with his feet first but Spider-Man was quick to shoot a web at the ceiling to swing off and he webbed up Sam's left wing, causing him to crash to the ground. He plummeted through a newspaper stand before he came to a stop. He jumped to his feet but his hands were webbed to the railing behind him. 

Spider-Man stuck to a pillar and curiously peered at Sam. "Are those wings carbon fibre?" he asked.

"Is this stuff coming out of you?" Sam asked, staring at the webbing around his hands. 

"That would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio, which I gotta say, that's awesome," Spider-Man continued.

"I don't know if you've been in a fight before but there's usually not this much talking," Sam commented. 

"Alright, sorry, my bad," Spider-Man said sarcastically before swinging toward Sam. Anna quickly jumped in between the two, but forgot for a second Spider-Man was stronger than she was. She and Sam went straight through the railing as Spider-Man collided with them and they harshly landed on the floor below.

Her left hand was webbed to the floor while Sam's arms were webbed to his chest. America was webbed to the wall and while both of the girls couldn't move their hands, Sam could, and he toyed on the screen on his arm. 

"Look, I'd love to keep this up but I've only got one job here today and I gotta impress Mr Stark so... I'm really sorry." As Spider-Man raised his hand at them, something attached to his wrist, and as Red Wing flew by, he was dragged into the sky and disappeared out of the building whilst screaming. 

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" Anna asked Sam tiredly.

"I hate you," he grumbled. "Can you move?" 

America struggled against the webbing but gave up quickly. "Nope, I'm stuck."

Anna balled her fist and pulled at the webbing. It broke after a few seconds and she freed her hand. She broke America free and looked at Sam lying on the floor with a smirk. "I could just leave you here, you know?" she commented.

"Don't you dare. Get me the hell out of here, Rogers, or I'll tell Bucky," Sam grumbled, wiggling around to try and escape from the webbing. 

"I'm pretty sure he'd agree with her," America commented, making Anna giggle.

Anna took a fistful of the webbing on Sam's chest and ripped it off. "Let's go. We gotta find Steve," she said.