«Chapter 43»

❝I found a love for me.
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead.
Well, I found a girl beautiful and sweet.
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me.
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love,❞

I had my arm wrapped around Bucky's neck as both of his were around my waist, the two of us slowly swaying to the gentle music playing in the background. "How did I get so lucky?" I asked him quietly. 

"I ask myself the same question every day," he purred, kissing my forehead. 

❝Not knowing what it was.
I will not give you up this time.
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine,❞

"Thank you," I whispered. 

"For what?" Bucky asked. 

"All you've done for me. I could never have been here if it wasn't for you," I said, leaning my head on his chest. 

"For you, doll, anything," he said, hugging me closely. "I love you." 

"I love you." 

❝Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms,
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song.
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight,❞

"May I steal your wife for a second?" Steve asked, coming up to us. 

Bucky chuckled, dramatically placing my hand in Steve's palm. I giggled, kissing Bucky's cheek before he went to talk with Sam and Wanda.

"So, how's the married life?" Steve asked, placing his hand on my waist as mine was in his hand that he held up. We started swaying to the music. 

"It's amazing," I answered, glancing at my husband who sat a few feet from the dancefloor. "He's amazing." 

"I'm happy for you, Anna. You deserve this, you both do," Steve said. 

I smiled. "Thank you, Steve," I said, pulling him close for a hug.

❝Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own.❞

"Remember when we went to Boston with Christmas?" I said as Bucky and I strolled down the shore of the lake. Both of us had removed our shoes and the sand felt cold under my feet. Our intertwined hands were swinging back and forth between us.

The sun had set about an hour ago and most guests had gone to their rooms for the night. Bucky and I had fled our own wedding party to get some alone time. 

"Was that when your mom got us all matching sweaters?" Bucky asked. 

"Yeah, they were hideous," I giggled, making Bucky laugh.

"They were," he agreed. "The intention was great, though." 

"That's true," I said, shrugging. 

❝We are still kids, but we're so in love,
Fighting against all odds.
I know we'll be alright this time.
Darling, just hold my hand.
Be my girl, I'll be your man.
I see my future in your eyes❞

"Buck, I need to ask you something," I spoke up. We stopped walking and Bucky turned to look at me. 

"What's wrong?" he asked. 

"Nothing's wrong, I was just wondering... What you said in your vows about starting a family... Did you mean that?" I asked, nervously looking up.

His ears reddened. "Yeah, I think so. I mean... If you want to, too," he muttered. 

I averted my eyes. "Buck... I don't know if I can have kids," I said. 

"What do you mean?" he asked. 

"I mean that... What if HYDRA did something to me that prevented me from ever having kids?" I said quietly. 

Bucky's jaw clenched. "You don't remember them doing anything to you?" he asked.

I shook my head. 

"Then there's still hope. We could have Shuri run some tests. If, of course, you want to have a family with me," he said, taking my hand between both of his.

I let out a breath through my nose. "I don't know if I'm qualified to be a mom, Buck," I whispered, glancing at where my left arm used to be.

"You're more than qualified to be a mom. You are kind, caring, loving, protective. Everything a mom needs to be," he told me, cupping my face in his hands and stroking my skin with his thumbs. "But if you don't want to, I'll drop it." 

I shook my head. "No, I'll think about it," I said, smiling softly. 

I saw he tried not to smile too widely. "God, I love you," he said, pulling me close and kissing me deeply.

❝Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms,
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song.
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful.
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight.❞

"Wow, T'Challa really outdid himself," I muttered, flicking on the lights in the suite he had offered us for the night. A large, king-sized bed stood in the middle with fluffy sheets. White rose petals were scattered through the room as several candles flickered gently. 

Bucky wrapped his arms around me from behind and pressed a kiss to my shoulder. I leaned into him before turning around in his arms. 

"Have I told you yet how beautiful you looked today?" he whispered. 

I smiled, pecking his lips. "You may have mentioned it a few times," I murmured. 

He chuckled, leaning in to kiss me. His arms tightened around my waist and my fingers played with the hairs on the base of his neck. His lips travelled down to my neck and collarbone and goosebumps formed all over my body. 

I pulled back and slowly removed my dress, dropping it to the floor. Bucky's eyes were filled with nothing but love and admiration as I stood in front of him in my underwear. I walked up to him and unbuttoned his shirt as he captured my lips again. 

His hands travelled down my sides and sent shivers through my entire body. He gently pushed me back until my legs hit the bed behind me. I lay down and pulled him with me. He straddled my body as he hovered over me. 

My fingers fiddled with the hem of his pants and he took over, removing them without much trouble and tossing them to the side. He swiftly unhooked the back of my bra and it followed his pants. 

"Are you okay with this?" Bucky breathed, breaking the kiss. 

I bit down on my bottom lip. "Yeah, I am," I confirmed, pulling him back down. 

❝Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms,
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song.
I have faith in what I see.
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect.
I don't deserve this.
You look perfect tonight.❞

"Today was perfect," I whispered, my head resting on Bucky's chest. He kissed my head. 

"Yeah, it was," he agreed. "Can you believe it? We're actually married." 

I giggled. "I never thought this would ever happen," I said. 

"Why not?" he asked.

"When I was young, you were my brother's best friend, which meant you were off-limits. Before you left for England and you kissed me, Steve was so upset. I decided then and there to never do that to him again, so I blocked out all my feelings for you," I told him. "But then HYDRA captured me and you were removed from my memory, but somehow, I knew you were still there." 

"And now we're married," he said. 

"And now we're married," I agreed. I pushed myself up. "I couldn't be happier." 

"Me neither," he said, taking my face and kissing me. "Anna Barnes, I promise to love you forever." 

"James Barnes, I promise to love you forever and always."