Cold

COLD

Summary - When Kim Mingyu has the perfect remedy for Jeon Wonwoo.

* * *

The room was heated. Wonwoo's body felt hot. His breathing was unsteady and ragged. His face was flushed with crimson. His eyes were barely open.

"Ah," he groaned in pain, unable to handle it anymore.

"Hyung!"

Mingyu suddenly bursted into the room, calling for his favorite hyung. His playful grin was instantaneously diminished by the sight of his hyung.

"Ah..."

"What's wrong?"

Mingyu immediately scrambled to his hyung's side. The image of his hyung, lying there looking so pale, erased all of traces Mingyu's initial intentions.

Mingyu brought a hand up to his hyung's forehead. The temperature difference between him and his beloved hyung confirmed his suspicions. Mingyu kindly adjusted Wonwoo's position, tucking him in comfortably in bed. He then rushed into the bathroom to grab a towel and a bucket of cold water. Neatly folding the towel, he dampened it and began to press it against Wonwoo's skin. Wonwoo shuddered at the feeling.

Leaving the cloth on his hyung's forehead, Mingyu then proceeded to the kitchen to cook his hyung a large pot of warm porridge. He then scavenged through his personal belongings for specifically, acetaminophen. Mingyu had always been obsessively careful with his health, taking great precaution and being overly prepared. He knew exactly what to do to make his hyung feel better.

"Mingyu-ya," Wonwoo spoke up weakly as Mingyu brought the tray of food in. 

"Talk later, eat first."

Mingyu sat down on the bed with the bowl in hand. He offered it to Wonwoo who failed miserably to foster any strength to even hold a spoon. Mingyu's eyebrows furrowed in worry and he began to feed his hyung.

"Sorry," Wonwoo apologized through bites.

"How did you even get sick?" Mingyu frowned.

Once Wonwoo was fully fed, Mingyu handed him a glass of water and the medication that he had prepared. Wonwoo took them with great difficulty and Mingyu winced to see him in so much pain.

"Rest now," Mingyu ordered his hyung.

"Are you leaving?"

"Not unless you want me to."

Wonwoo stared directly at Mingyu, not saying a single word. The sight of his hyung's current disposition--his red face, his short breath, his dazed complexion--made Mingyu very worried. He wasn't worried about that fact that his hyung was sick anymore--oh no, he had done all the steps necessary to ensure his hyung's full recovery. Kim Mingyu was worried about himself and his ability--or inability--to keep himself off his hyung.

"Mingyu-ya..." 

"Hm?"

As there was this invisible surge that drew Mingyu towards his hyung, Mingyu could no longer resist the temptation that was Jeon Wonwoo. He leaned down and brushed his thumb across his hyung's cheek, drawing the warmth from them.