Crush

CRUSH

Summary - When our lovable meanie duo had a little crush on someone.

(A.K.A - meanie but not meanie but maybe still meanie [or not])

* * *

Wonwoo had a little crush on someone. That someone was the light of his life. Everything about him made Wonwoo happy. Everything except one thing.

Mingyu also had a little crush on someone. That someone was the day to his night. Everyone about her made Wonwoo unhappy. Everything except one thing.

* * *

"Hyung," Mingyu pestered his Hyung for the umpteenth time. "Do you think she likes me?"

"Huh?" Wonwoo snapped to attention at the words that left Kim Mingyu's lips. "Like?"

"Not like-like, but like—she doesn't hate me?"

"I'm sure she doesn't hate you..." Wonwoo mumbled the words, not completely willing to give the younger, and definitely more clueless, the answer he desired. Who could hate you?

"Aigoo," Mingyu sighed as he clamped a hand over his chest. "Thank goodness! Hearing you say that makes me feel a whole lot better. Thanks, Hyung!"

And Mingyu smiled at his so-called Hyung. "Yeah," Wonwoo replied absentmindedly. I couldn't hate you...

* * *

Wonwoo had watched Mingyu for years now, secretly. Initially, he wouldn't realize how his gaze would end up in Mingyu's direction regardless of what neither of them did. Mingyu could have just sneezed and Wonwoo would have noticed. When he realized his tendency to notice Mingyu, he was slightly disgusted at himself for being so attentive to another guy. And alas, against his wishes, Wonwoo had always ended up coming off slightly mean towards his younger friend.

Now, it had only become a natural part of Jeon Wonwoo's life to notice every single detail about Kim Mingyu. Over the years, Wonwoo noticed how Mingyu's eyes sparkled when he was intrigued. He noticed how Mingyu's hair framed his eyes and even how each strand would bounce with every slight movement.  But most recently, Wonwoo noticed how the corners of his beloved Mingyu's lips naturally lifted into a bright smile the moment he set eyes upon the girl. Not just a girl—the girl.

* * *

"Should I tell her?"

"Huh?" Wonwoo responded, not bothered to look up from his reading.

"Should I tell her I like her?" Mingyu elaborated on his question further.

Wonwoo froze behind his book, making sure that it continued to cover his face from Mingyu's line of sight. Surely, his expression was not a pleasant one. The pause that resulted was awfully long. Wonwoo didn't want to raise his voice, afraid that it would contain too much vibrato for his liking.

"Yeah," Wonwoo answered with a single word.

* * *

Wonwoo stared blankly out into the open, his eyes landing on a single figure. That was it. The object of Mingyu's current obsession. What a coincidence. What was her name? Lisa, was it?