Chapter 2

The photo on the side is of Felicity. Let me know what you think :)

I'm sitting at the counter, waiting for the locksmith.

The employees took pity on me and gave me free food, and I ate and drank the drink and threw it out, and I'm waiting again.

I'm literally going to put a twenty dollar bill into their tip jar.

Their boss walks out then, and his head is down.

I haven't even seen what his face looks like.

He walks over to me, lifting his head.

Holy good God.

I'd just seen the back of him, and even that was impressive.

He's got dark brown flippy hair. It's jelled properly, and it looks a bit curly, but it could just be wavy. He's got bushy eyebrows, but he takes care of them, and his eyes.

His eyes are insane.

They're a bright, vibrant green, but they also look blue. His lips are full, and he has facial hair.

I never associate with guys.

My parents were my role models. They were in love. So in love.

They started fighting, and they wound up divorced. My aunt and uncle had my cousin, and then my Uncle cheated on my aunt, and then he left her, and my aunt was so broken, she killed herself.

Needless to say, I don't trust guys.

I don't do relationships.

I don't want to set myself up to be broken.

I'm perfectly content with dying alone. I'm happy with dying a virgin.

If I never masturbate, I'll never know what I'm missing.

This man though, he is the most alluring being I've ever seen. The breath is locked out of my lungs. His eyes are locked with my brown ones, and we're just staring at each other with wide eyes.

I can't.

He's so incredible.

My mind is telling me to run, but I ignore it.

He blinks a few times, looking at me again.

"I uh..." he runs his fingers through his hair. He clears his throat. "I'm Shane. Shane Beckett." He sticks his hand out.

I don't associate with guys outside of work.

"Felicity Walker." I say, slowly taking his hand.

His hands are rough, and it sounds strange to say this, but our hands fit perfectly together. His grip is warm. I shake his hand and pull mine away.

"I hear you need a job." He says, leaning casually against the counter.

I shift slightly in my chair, and I shrug.

"We're hiring." He says. "We need cashiers. Want a job?"

I want to say no.

This guy makes me feel like I'm stepping out of my comfort zone.

But I need a job.

"Yeah."

He looks pleased.

"Great." He hands me a stack of papers. "Fill this out. Come in tomorrow at six. You can wear whatever. Behind the building is parking so you don't have to worry about tickets." He smiles.