Chapter 13

The pic on the side is of Felicity in the outfit she's wearing in this chapter.

Lauren

I'm nervous.

I'm nervous for how this is going to turn out.

I told her she should try to look nice to make Shane jealous in case she sees him.

She listened to me.

She actually dressed like her.

She's wearing light blue skinny jeans with rips in her knees, tan heels, and a red crop top that goes around her neck and is open in the front.

She's got her rings back on her fingers, and a gold bangle on her right arm.

She's got her hair left down and natural.

She just brushed it when it was wet and let it air dry.

She put makeup on.

She looks hot as fuck.

She looks like Felicity.

"First sign of him and I swear to god I'll punch him in the nose." She mutters under her breath. "I'm coming for Macy. That's it."

She bought a new phone, the same exact one she had before, but she got more storage on it.

She peeks in the window

"He's not here." I say.

"And even if he shows up, we're here." Her grandma reminds her.

My parents tagged along for this trip.

I start texting Jake.

Me: when the bell rings in two seconds, that's us. Give her like...a minute and a half to talk to Macy. Wait till she's in conversation.

Jake: okay. Shane is having a bad day

Me: so is Fel. If everything goes according to plan, they'll fix themselves

Jake: let's hope

Felicity takes a deep breath.

She looks around one more time to make sure Shane is nowhere in sight, and then she walks in.

His entire family is here, scattered around to make them seem like customers.

All the employees are informed with what's going on.

Abby walks in last, changing the open sign to closed, locking the deadbolt.

She's trapped.

Macy looks up, gasping.

She was specifically told not to call her name out.

She smiles.

For the first time in months, I see a genuine smile on Felicity's face. Macy steps around the counter.

She knows she's the key to this whole plan.

"Did you get taller?" Macy asks after hugging her.

She shakes her head.

"No, I have heels on. See? She lifts her foot up.

Macy nods, smiling.

"You look good." She says. "I love your top. "Where'd you get it?"

I can tell Fel is really nervous being here, and her eyes keep flicking over to the bar where Shane normally sits.

She looks around again flicking her hair over her shoulder.