Chapter 28

Felicity

It's January 14th.

Shane and I are closer than ever. His family and I get along perfectly.

Life is amazing, and I don't feel like it's going to get bad.

The puppy is six weeks now. I've already got him potty training. He's doing good. I bought a huge flower pot and put grass on it and he goes on that.

I take him outside most of the time.

It's four in the morning though, and I didn't get to see Shane today because I was at meetings to open my business and he was working, so I'm standing on my balcony with a glass of chocolate milk. I haven't been able to sleep today.

I see a figure moving on his balcony.

I frown.

I'm such a creep.

I slip into my house and grab the binoculars, and I go outside.

I lay on my stomach and press them to my eyes, peeking through the bars.

I move it towards where I saw the figure.

It's Shane. He's awake. He's got on a sweatshirt and his underwear.

I text him.

Me: I'm spying on you with my binoculars again

I watch him grab his phone. He reads it, and I see him smile.

He looks over at my balcony.

Cuddlebug: where

Cuddlebug: hold on lemme get my binoculars

I watch him disappear into his house, and he comes back and lays down on his belly.

I stare right at him, and then I grab my phone and zoom in on him. I take a photo on snapchat and put the time on it. 4:29AM

I put the caption "When your fiancé can't sleep and you can't either and you live across from each other" and I put the laughing crying emoji, and I save it and send it to all my streaks, and I post it on my story, and then I put it on Instagram.

My phone vibrates.

Cuddlebug: where are you

He puts the pouting emoji.

I flash my flashlight at him twice.

He moves, looking right at me, and I see him grin.

I snicker, shifting on my belly.

I accidentally push my phone a little too far, and it slips off the balcony.

Panicked, I jump up.

He does too, and we both stand there and watch.

It falls to the concrete over twenty floors down, and shatters into a billion pieces in front of a car.

No!

I look across the buildings at Shane.

I see him hold up a finger.

He comes back a few minutes later with a white poster board, and holds his flashlight to it.

I use my binoculars.

You go through phones faster than we go through condoms.

I start laughing.

Now I can't text him.

I walk into the house, getting my laptop, and I facetime him.

He answers.