Chapter 4

Shane

I'm laying in my underwear in bed, staring at my phone screen.

It's right there. I could just do it.

The events of what happened with that guy and Felicity have been haunting me all day.

She's so sweet and innocent.

And beautiful. Really beautiful.

There's just something about her that I've never felt before in my life.

Her smile is incredible. Her teeth are perfectly straight and really white. Her brown hair is light with natural brown highlights, and the way she sets it, even when she's just brushed through it, is mesmerizing. Her style is incredible. She's skinny, but not gross skinny. She's muscular, and tan. She looks really tan. It's not a fake tan, either. She hardly wears any makeup.

Even her hands are perfect. She's so careful with the ways she does things.

When she's confused, she's adorable.

She was trying to work the register today, and she'd bite her lip.

I knew she was beautiful the second my eyes locked with hers.

But when she walked up to that guy and slapped the shit out of him...that look in her eyes, that passionate anger...that look of success...

It hooked me.

She's breathtaking.

I stare at her number in my phone.

I went through the stores files and found her number.

I know her address.

I wrote it down.

I feel like a creep. It's not appropriate for me to text her.

It's only eight. It's not too late.

She's my employee.

This isn't appropriate.

My brain is telling me to stop, but my fingers start moving anyways.

I'm going to regret this in the morning.

Me: Hey Felicity, it's Shane. By chance did you grab my wallet off the counter in the back? I know you probably didn't, but I can't find it anywhere and nobody at the store has seen it

I bite my lip and hit the send button before I can stop myself, guiltily looking at my side table where my wallet sits.

I'm a sinner.

I run my thumb along the side of my phone.

She starts typing.

Panicked, I close the app.

She replies.

I stare at the time.

After two minutes, I open the app and click on her number.

Felicity: No, I don't think so. I'll go check the car just to make sure

Me: okay thank you

I wait.

I wonder what she's wearing.

Does she have a fireplace? I wonder if she lights it and sits in front of it.

Does she dance around?

Can she sing? What's her favorite color?

I wonder if she's a good cook. If she a fast driver? Reckless, maybe?