Visiting Las Vegas

AN: Takes place during season 4; episode 12 ("Butterflied")

When Emma Grace stepped out of the airport, she saw her best friend Nick Stokes waiting for her beside his car.

"Look who's finally in Vegas," Nick said walking over to meet Emma Grace and wrapping his arms around her in a hug.

"I figured I'd be the one doing the traveling this time since you have to travel to come home as much as you do," Emma said keeping up with the playful banter. Nick just smiled as he put Emma Grace's suitcase into the trunk of his car.

The drive to Nick's house was a silent drive because Emma Grace was looking out the window taking in the sights that made Las Vegas, Las Vegas. When Nick pulled into the driveway of his house, he got Emma Grace's suitcase and led the way into the house.

"What's the plan while I'm here?" Emma Grace asked sitting down on Nick's couch and getting comfortable.

"Well, I'd like you to meet Warrick, so I thought we could go out with him and the girl he's dating, tonight. I also invited Greg, that sound good?" Nick asked putting his arm around Emma Grace's shoulders.

"I'd love that," Emma Grace said smiling up at Nick.

Nick picked up a legal pad that he had written on and handed it to Emma Grace, "I made a list of all the things you need to experience while you're here in Vegas."

"Nicky, there is no way we can do everything on this list before I go back home!" Emma Grace exclaimed while laughing at how Nick seemed as excited as a kid in a candy store.

"Sure we can. We may not get much sleep, but that's okay."

"Even if we did that Nick I don't think we can check everything on this list off. I think I'd have to take some vacation days for us to complete everything on this list!" Emma Grace continued to smile, she wanted to experience everything Nick had written down, but it just wasn't possible.

"You could take some vacation days," Nick hinted while playfully raising his eyebrows at her.

"I could, but when do you have to go to the American Academy of Forensic Science Convention?"

"Oh, yeah," Nick looked like he had just remembered that he had taken a few days of vacation to hang out with Emma Grace before he had to go to a convention for work. "Well, if we don't finish everything on this list, you have to promise to come back to Vegas so we can."

"Sounds good to me," Emma Grace said smiling at Nick and holding up her pinky finger. Nick laughed at the memories of the two of them making pinky promises when they were younger, and in the twenty-three years that the two of them had been friends they had never broken a pinky promise. Nick linked his pinky with Emma Grace's and just smiled at her.

"Okay, so let's get started on this list. Where are we eating at first? I'm hungry," Emma Grace got up from the couch and took the list Nick wrote with her.

Nick got off the couch and followed Emma Grace toward the door. He grabbed his coat and put it on before he opened the door for Emma Grace. "I have the perfect place." With that, the two of them headed out to experience Las Vegas at its finest.

When Nick's car pulled back into his driveway that night, it was past midnight, and Emma Grace was asleep in the passenger seat. Nick smiled over at her as he opened the driver's side door and got out of the car. He went and unlocked the front door of the house, leaving it opened.

Nick walked back to the car and opened Emma Grace's door. He leaned over and unbuckled her from the car. He had to smile over the fact that Emma didn't wake up, she had always been a heavy sleeper. Nick started to slowly pick her up in his arms when Emma Grace began to stir.