Chapter 8

I was pinned to where I was standing, basically shocked to what I had discovered.

I think my eyes are wider than the universe now, I can’t even blink, I just don’t know how.

“I think you should get off me by now, if you don’t want your boyfriend to murder me”
Kizer finally broke the silence.

“ah uhm” I awkwardly replied I’m stuttering that I couldn’t pull any good answer.

“I am not his boyfriend and we are not dating.
Actually I wouldn’t want my hands to get dirty killing a jerk that had done nothing but to cause trouble.” Rigel retorted

“I’m not here to cause trouble Miller I’m just here to help an old friend find her favorite book.”
Kizer answered calmly.

I don’t know why but he looked a little pale and no energy.

That’s strange, because he looks so cool from a distance and now he look like someone who hasn’t sleep for days.

“Thanks Mr…”

I was about to say Mr. Heartbreaker but I scratch it knowing that Rigel is here.

“Thanks Kizer I appreciate it a lot, you don’t know how much this means to me”
I replied to make the atmosphere conducive to calm talking.

“No problem, so I gotta get going then, I’m seeing someone important today, have a nice day”

He looked at me then directed to Rigel then he walked away.

Seeing someone important?

Is he dating someone now that he never bothered to annoy me or Rigel?

Whatever, as long as it doesn’t concern me I’m fine with it.

‘Or maybe you are.’ My subconscious butted in

Why would I be concern I am not attracted to him as far as I’m concern.

“Anyways what will you be doing this Christmas break? Are you going on a vacation?”

Rigel spoke pulling me out from my train of thoughts.

“I don’t know maybe I’ll stay at home and do what I used to do?”
      I stated with uncertainty though I am.

“Really? What is that?” he asked with an obvious excitement.

“Writing, funny how I never forgot how I loved writing while I forgot everything else.”
I answered.

“Maybe it is deep rooted in your heart and was never meant to be forgotten.”
He said not looking at me.

“What do you mean by that?” I inquired.

“There are some things that we forget not because we will but because we must.”

He paused for a moment then continued.

“And there are some things we want to forget but we can’t because it’s all part of what makes us who we are.”

He heaves a sigh before uttering words that puzzled me up to my sleep.

“To your case, you don’t forget your love for writing because the heart always remembers what the mind forgets.

    And maybe you forgot about me, because I was never meant to be there"
he said pointing at my chest.

    My heart was pounding so hard.

His words,
although they are just words hunted me and made sleeping impossible.

Torn Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें