the gift ❆ klay thompson

it was christmas. the clock had just struck twelve a moment ago and they went around the room to greet one another.

none of the team had their families around when the clock struck twelve, so the team decided to greet christmas together in the curry household with their gifts.

klay sits still in his spot as they started to open their gifts one by one. he exchanges a look with steph, only to receive a nasty look from the star point guard.

klay's eyes widen and he shakes his head. he didn't know if he was even doing the right thing at this point. he fiddled with the nicely wrapped box behind his back and hesitated about giving it to her.

taylar walked over to him and grinned happily. "merry christmas, babe." she wrapped her arms around his large figure and locked their lips for a brief moment that klay didn't even get the chance to react.

she handed him over a paper bag. "hey, it's not much. but what's important this christmas is that we're all together."

he put aside the paper bag, not bothering to look into it until he's got it over and done with. she frowned as she watched her boyfriend put the paper bag down. "don't you like it? you didn't even–"

"merry christmas," klay cut her off as he handed the small box to her. she stared at the wrapped gift with such awe and her hands were shaking.

she didn't exactly know why she was shaking; but it was christmas and her boyfriend just handed her what she was assuming to be the cutest gift ever.

she doesn't notice this, but the rest of the team and their family had gathered around her and klay with their phones held up to film the entire thing.

"stop staring at the gift," klay chuckled. "open the gift!"

she jolted then snapped her eyes up to shyly meet klay's. "alexander, i swear, if this is something bigger than it seems... i will cry until new year's."

she carefully unwrapped the gift, too consumed by how adorable the wrapping paper is — it was frozen themed and klay couldn't be any more embarrassed that it was the first wrapping paper he saw. she finally unveiled the gift which at the moment, was a red velvet box.

"open it," klay breathed out, trying to ignore the way he started to sweat in a cold room; his heart racing in his chest; his knees buckling.

she slowly opened the box with caution. for all she knew, a spider could start crawling out of this box. klay always pulled pranks on her and she was not having it tonight. she was holding a box that usually contained rings so you could only imagine how hazy her thoughts have gotten.

by the time she opened it, klay had already dropped on one knee. she averted her attention for a moment and gasped loudly when her eyes landed on her boyfriend. "klay, no. oh, lord, what are you doing?"

klay gave her a sheepish smile, "will you marry me?"

she stood still for a moment and klay took this chance to talk once more. "i know it's very sudden but i swear i see myself spending the rest of my life with you."

her eyes are filled to the brim with tears and her cheeks were hurting from how big she was smiling. everyone was on the edge of their seat; they knew taylar loves klay but there was tension in the room as their awaited her answer. "yes! yes, i'll marry you!"

the room's silence was broken by his teammates' cheers and hollers. klay had been planning for months to engage to his girlfriend but he never found the right time so he did what any other person would do. wait until christmas to give it to her.

klay scrambled off the ground to face her. with shaking hands, he takes the ring and slips it onto her finger on top of the promise ring they got a couple years ago.

taylar squealed and stomped her foot on the ground as she and klay embraced one another in a hug. "merry christmas, babe."

"i hate you," taylar cried as she pulled away. "i got you a sketchbook or whatever and you got me engaged! that's not fair!"

andre laughed loudly. "then get him married!"

taylar's face lit up at the suggestion and trailed her eyes back to klay. she leaned in and hovered her lips over his as she spoke: "best christmas ever."

"topped the christmas your parents got you a brand new car?" klay laughed, connecting their lips together as taylar nodded.

the kiss was slow, but it erupted sparks like you wouldn't believe. it also helped that the rest of the boys and their families turned away to carry on with their christmas.

but as they shared a kiss, andre's suggestion echoed inside her mind. get him married, repeated itself constantly in her mind that she was seriously considering it.

it didn't have to be a church wedding, so why not?

vibrantwrites-

SHIT IT'S DECEMBER FIRST HERE

okay, so requests aren't really quite open for this one! i'm just writing on my own and whatever comes to me. the twist is, though, i'll be dedicating these to people because i'll be using your names hehe

i'm basing it on who you request for in my other imagine book and maybe you'll get a chapter dedicated to you!

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS