you look good ❆ steph curry

janine walked into the crowded home, a wave of self consciousness suddenly hitting her.

what was she thinking? it'd been almost a year since she's seen his face — or anyone of theirs, in general — up close and here she was at the same property as every single one of them.

"janine! i'm so glad you could make it!" a large figure weaved himself through the crowd at took her small body into his. "i haven't seen you in months."

"there's a reason for that," janine laughed sheepishly as she pulled away. she looked up at draymond with a warm smile.

he took her hand and pulled her through the crowd, taking glances at her. he stopped a few steps away from a table and turned to her.

"how have you been? i don't wanna bring up bad memories, but are you over steph?" he was just concerned for her wellbeing.

the last time he saw this girl face to face was exactly a year ago with tears streaming down her face as she yelled at steph as if there was no tomorrow. after that day they broke up on christmas eve, they never saw this girl again.

it was already enough of a miracle to have her come to his christmas party.

she already knew the answer to that but she still hesitated with it. at the moment, it felt as if her answer changed for the slightest bit.

lifting her hand to scratch her neck: "yeah, i definitely have. i mean, it took a while; but i did it."

"good," he sighed, leading her to a secluded area in the backyard. "because i'm gonna bring you to the boys and he'll be there."

she laughed. she laughed and it was the most genuine thing draymond had heard all day. he hasn't heard her do something so sincere for so long and it made him happy that she was finally okay for the most part.

she waved draymond's answer off and jogged to catch up to him as they got to a less crowded area in the backyard. "i'm actually seeing somebody right now."

draymond raised his eyebrows and shoved his hands into his pockets. "oh, my. who is it?"

"you'll meet him later," she teased, poking his arm. "he's just parking the car."

and when they got to the table, their reactions were a lot more welcoming than she anticipated them to be. she thought they'd be mad at her for leaving like how she did.

she didn't bother to say goodbye or where she was going when she took off from oakland the year before. the only thing on her mind was to try to get stephen curry out of her mind and life; surprisingly, she succeeded with that.

the boys hugged and greeted her, bombing her with questions that she gladly answered. on christmas day the year before, she packed her bags and moved back to chicago with her parents. just to cool off for a little and then she came back to oakland a few months back.

she texted her boyfriend momentarily to tell him where she is and then got back to catching up with andre and klay.

"so, what happened? how'd you get kd in the team?" janine teased, wiggling her eyebrows at the two players.

klay shrugged and grinned smugly. "i texted him and that was all it took."

janine frowned, "oh, so you can be text buddies with kevin durant but god forbid that you reply to my text message."

"but you're not kevin durant," andre joked, looking her dead in the eye.

the three chorused in laughter. "in my defense, you never texted me this year."