christmas special ❆ jordan; russell; griffin

"hey, stop stealing my food," diana scolded, slapping blake's hand away from her plate. blake stares at her innocently and slowly inched his hand towards her plate again. she quickly notices this and catches his wrist in her hand. "i said stop it."

"but they don't have any more cheesecake in the kitchen!" blake pouted, glaring at her.

it was a little over one in the morning and they were still at deandre and riss's place from when they greeted christmas. blake had dodged the cheesecake when it was still whole while diana went straight in for it, and now there was none left and blake could use some dessert.

"that isn't my damn problem then!" diana scolded, scooting away from blake. she leaned on the arm of the couch and side eyed blake, causing him to whine. diana only waved her hand in the air to dismiss him.

while that was happening, larissa is on the phone with siman, talking about how she'd drunk too much coffee that morning and now couldn't fall asleep with very occasional screams because of the contractions.

deandre snuck up behind her patting her head then leaning down towards the mic of the iphone. "hey, siman! can i have my girlfriend back now?"

the pregnant lady on the other side of the phone laughed. "tell deandre i hate his face. i'll talk to you tomorrow." larissa and siman bid their goodbyes, larissa apologising for deandre's actions only for it to be dismissed by siman for she had someone else in san antonio, with an avoiding problem, to call.

larissa finally puts her phone away and whirled around to shove deandre. "you're such a dick. i was catching up with siman and her pregnancy and kevin!"

"you can do that when it's not christmas anymore," deandre grinned at her sheepishly, wrapping his arms from behind her then walking towards chris and his kids. he leans down to press a kiss to her cheek but she shoves her palm into his face and pushed him away from her. "don't be snappy."

"if you were nicer, maybe i wouldn't be," larissa snarled, reaching back to smack his arm. she unwrapped his arms from around her and walked over to camryn and christopher. "hey, how you guys doin'?"

at some in los angeles, d'angelo reached down and took kennyah's hand in his the began to swing it back and forth as he looked up at the sky.

kennyah notices his unusually quietness and bumped her hips against his thigh gently. "what are you thinking about?"

d'angelo looks down at her hesitantly and shook his head. "it's just still so weird." he narrows his eyes down and kennyah sucked in a deep breath for the incoming serious conversation she was about to have with d'angelo. "like, i'm playing a christmas game in the nba that's being broadcasted all around the world."

"but didn't you guys play last year too or something?" kennyah sighed, resting her head on his arm. "it seems surreal now, but in a couple of years, you'll just see it as another game."

d'angelo stared at her blankly for another moment before he nodded. he squeezes her hand slightly, "you're right." suddenly, his left shoulder jerks forward and jordan's head pops out from beside him.

"you ready to go? or do you want to get some food before heading home?" jordan asked just as kendall appeared from behind him as well. "i wouldn't mind some food."

"it's like one thirty in the morning," kennyah looked at jordan and kendall skeptically, knowing damn well that the two trouble makers were up to something. "where could we possibly find a place to eat at this time?"

kendall only smirked playfully and scrunched up her nose. "oh, you have no idea."

back in deandre's house, there were only the six of them left awake. the clippers' big three and their partners. deandre's family was fast asleep in the guest bedrooms and there was an impromptu sleep over when chris had drunk a little too much and when his kids fell asleep.