ice skating ❆ jamal murray

"i'm going to die!" jamal yelled, gripping onto the handrails that surrounded the rink. he stares at his girlfriend with wide eyes, clearly letting her know that he wasn't feeling anything but fear.

jasmin rolled her eyes, moving further into the centre of the empty rink. "you haven't even stepped on the ice yet, baby."

jamal gave her a look that earned him a loud laugh. he was standing on the rubber ground which led him to the ice.

he didn't go ice skating very much in his life but whenever it did, it always ended badly for some strange reason. so you could only imagine the horror when his girlfriend of 2 months invited him to go ice skating.

"you won't die." jasmin started to glide across the ice swiftly. this catches jamal off guard and he gaped at his girlfriend. jasmin never mentioned that she could ice skate; better than an average person could.

she was twirling around slightly and she knew when to come to stop. he's starting to look like an idiot in front of the girl he admires and this wasn't exactly how he pictured these holidays to be like.

jamal, with shaking legs and a heart threatening to beat out of his chest, dipped his foot onto the ice. his foot slips slightly at the sudden change of texture and he immediately retrieved it back.

"this is a suicide mission, jasmin!" jamal called after the girl circling something at the other end of the circle. "i'm gonna break every single bone in my body."

"you're ridiculous," jasmin sighed. she skated over to him and held a hand out. "come on, you big baby."

"no! are you crazy?" he glared at her, completely shocked by what he was hearing. "i'm not doing this."

"you have to," jasmin scowled. she tugged his arm towards the ice. "come on."

"you have to hold me." his grip on the handrail tightened as he stretched his leg again onto the ice. his grip around jasmin's hand tightened too that made her wince.

"that hurts, baby," she chuckled. he halted his actions and stared at her. his eyes trailed down to their hands and he immediately loosened his grip.

"sorry." after saying that, the boy never moved. he just stood there and looked like a complete idiot — a foot out on the ice and the other on the rubber floor.

jasmin stared blankly at him, rolling her eyes internally. "do you even plan on moving?"

"nope," jamal whispered. "can you tell?"

"absolutely not."

jamal lifted his foot and swung it forward, finally placing it down on the ice. he slips a little and held onto the handrail for dear life. jasmin was brought down by his fall but she kept her balance.

"thank god for these handrails," jamal mutters, slowly pushing himself up. he awkwardly stands there and didn't know what else to do.

he hasn't been ice skating in a really long time. it's like he's absolutely forgotten how to skate.

she smiled and tapped his shoulder. "so you have to do this."

she taught him the basics. just how to move his feet to be able to start moving along the ice.

surprisingly, he followed on pretty well. now he had two hands held out to balance himself and attempting to move his feet without falling.

and he did. his face lights up in joy and he lifts his head to look at jasmin. "baby, look! i'm not falling!"

he slowly dropped his head down again to look at how his feet were moving.

jasmin chuckled. "lifting your head isn't gonna make you fall."

he quickly brought his head again and messed up how his feet were moving. his feet slips on the ice and he reached around for something to hold but remembered that they were in the middle of the ice.

he falls on his ass, yelling in pain. "jasmin, you fucking liar!"

"except for you?" it came out as a question more than a statement because it's never happened to her.

she held her hand out to offer helping him up. his stare lingered on her hand. he smiles sheepishly up at her and wrapped his hand over her smaller one.

"now, get up."

jamal shook his head and harshly tugged her forward. jasmin screams, falling on his lap.

"you're so mean!" jasmin laughed, shoving him slightly. they stay on the ground and laughed about everything that had just happened.

jamal wraps a hand around her waist, pulling her towards him. he presses a kiss to her forehead and jasmin leaned into his body.

"okay, ugly, get off," jamal joked, "my ass is freezing."

"i hope it does, fat ass."

itsjasminaye

heLLO MERRY CHRISTMAS!

PLS TELL ME YOU LIKE THIS BC I WOKE UP AT LIKE 7 AM TO WRITE THIS FOR YA'LL JUST BECAUSE

edit: hello do i look like i woke up at 7 in the morning to write this for shit?