christmas special ❆ thompson; love; irving; curry

taylar grabbed klay's hand and she grinned. "i do," she whispered, barely audible.

the constant 'then get him married' she got from andre when the clock struck twelve never left her mind. so they went to the city hall and got married in private; just the two of them.

they got a special request in klay's name and now she got him married on paper. not yet in front of god, but it was something.

it probably topped getting her engaged, anyway, so that's better than that scrapbook she made although he kept telling her that it was enough for him.

she had a simple white dress on and he tried to mimic a tux as best as he could — black slacks, a white polo shirt then a black jacket over it. they were rushing either way, so there was no time to invite anyone else; just their parents.

they had a game at quicken loans arena in a few more hours so they had to leave right away after this. klay inserted the ring onto her left ring finger and smiled genuinely down at her. "i do." and she did the same.

"i vow to love you in all forms and support you through your crazy schedule and career," taylar whispered as the judge got some papers ready for the both of them. "i will be there to bring you back up to your feet."

"i vow to make you breakfast everyday we're together," he chuckled. "and i promise to support you in every decision that you make; i will love you through it all."

"you may now kiss the bride," the judge smiled. it wasn't everyday that you got to wed a famous basketball player with his girlfriend.

taylar immediately brought her hands up and wrapped it around his neck, catching his lips with her own. klay bent down slightly to even out their height and pulled her closer by her waist.

the kiss was short, trying to keep it nonexplicit with the amount of people around. when she pulled away, she grinned. "merry christmas, baby."

klay rested his forehead against hers and he closed his eyes to saviour the moment. "best christmas gift ever. i think it topped my present for you earlier."

taylar pinched him slightly, earning her a yelp from her now husband. "it better. i bribed people for this."

whatever happened after that didn't matter. because right after they finished signing the papers, the couple bolted and left their family behind as klay had a shoot around to get to.

meanwhile, kevin struggled to even get his wife to open her eyes. she pulled the blankets around her tighter and whimpered. "i don't wanna get up."

"no one's gonna drive you to the arena if you don't get up," kevin said sternly, resting his hands on his hips as he tried to get his girlfriend to get up. "if you don't get up now, you don't watch the game. you'll spend christmas afternoon all alone."

he sighed loudly and rubbed his face in frustration. he'd already taken a shower and packed his things for the game. in the process, he passed siman more than just a few times and told her to get ready.

but the stubborn girl just didn't want to get up.

"what?" she whimpered even louder, nuzzling her face into her pillow again. "but i'm still oh so tired! and i wanna see aaliyah again. we have a lot to catch up on! like how much of a dick you and kyrie are."