mistletoe pt. ii

devin looked over the swarm of reporters and photographers surrounding him, hopeful to see the one face he's been wanting to see all week.

kam never showed up to their small gatherings after the whole incident at eric's house that afternoon.

he politely excused himself and chased after eric and tapped his shoulder. "hey, have you seen kam anywhere?"

eric's face dropped and he looked at devin in confusion. "you mean... she didn't tell you?"

devin hasn't even heard a single release of breath from her, let alone a phone call or a text message. she hasn't been on social media all week; but it's not like devin would know.

"didn't tell me what?"

"devin... she quit the organisation," eric said slowly, making sure that each word he said seeped into devin's brain. "a day after we decorated the house."

everyone in the team knew how much devin liked the girl. it was only a matter of time that he snapped and told her how he felt.

when kam first joined them, it was reminded to them over and over that she was out of bounds because of the contract she signed with them.

"she quit?" devin asked, his voice going a little too over the top. he'd gained the attention of many, but his outburst didn't gain him any questions.

"yes," eric said softly, tugging devin to a secluded corner. "she didn't tell us why she did, though. i thought she told everyone."

"i'm not a part of this said 'everyone', apparently," devin frowned. "she hates me, eric."

"i can see why," eric shrugged, "you were a dick."

"fuck you," devin spat, running away from his older teammate. he runs back into the locker rooms and rummaged through his bag the moment he got inside.

he searched for his phone and dialed kam's number. he waited patiently, the annoying monotonous ringing sound filling his ear loudly. he usually got anxious whenever he was calling, but now he felt things he wasn't sure how to describe.

when he was sent to voicemail, he groaned loudly and fell to the empty ground. he rubbed his hands over his face harshly then dropped his phone on the carpeted floor next to him.

leandro walked in, initially looking for his mysteriously missing water bottle when he noticed the young boy whining on the floor. he looked for his water bottle first and then took a seat not too far away from devin.

he reached forward, poking his shoulder. he quickly retrieved his hand back, knowing how notorious devin was for grabbing people's hands and biting them whenever they poked him. "devin, are you still alive?"

devin sucked in another deep breath and shook his head. "no!"

the older player looked around the room, unsure of what to say. he shrugged and jumped up to his feet. "that's too bad, then. let's get back to work!"

"i said i was dead!" devin cried as leandro grabbed his ankle and started dragging him out of the room. he reached back at the minute, grabbing his phone.

he dialed her phone number one last time, in hopes that she'd answer this time, but whimpered loudly when he went straight to voicemail again.

"what's your drama this time?" tyler stopped in front of leandro and stared down at his best friend lying on the ground. "i swear, devin, you're so fucking problematic."

"shut the fuck up," devin lifted his head off the ground and scowled at the rookie.

leandro shook his head at the youngsters: "kam didn't tell him she quit. you got this?"

tyler hesitated, but he still nodded anyway. "yeah, i got this." leandro shrug and let go of devin's ankle, finally getting a sip of water from his water bottle and walked away.

"first of all, devin, get the fuck up."

"no, i'm dead."

"you look ridiculous, devin. get up."

"the floor is comfortable."

"devin, for the love of god."

"i said no. don't you know the meaning of 'no'?"

"i do, but not today, devin. get. up."

"i'm never taking you to the club again. you rude."

"you're dramatic, devin. just get up."

"respect when a woman rejects you, tyler!"

"devin, you're a man in a man's league." tyler reached forward and kicked devin lightly in the ribs. "there are reporters everywhere, devin, you're embarrassing me."

devin sighed dramatically, rolling his eyes then slowly scrambling off the floor. "i just don't understand why she quit!"

"who the hell told you that bullshit?" tyler frowned, giving him a look.

"eric."

"and you believed him?" tyler cried incredulously, eyes widening in absolute disbelief. "devin, she didn't quit! she got an offer at a higher level and she took it!"

"oh," devin's mouth curved into an 'oh' shape as he finally realised what he'd been so behind all these days, "so why didn't she tell me?"

"i wanted it to be a surprise." devin's face beamed with happiness at the sound of her voice. he whirled around to face her and jumped in the air in happiness.

"a surprise?"

tyler stepped away from the two then jogged back to the court. kam walked calmly towards devin, hands in her pockets and a camera strap hanging over her shoulder.

"yeah. i couldn't date you when i was stuck in that contract," kam grinned hoping devin knew what she was trying to imply, but the boy was too happy to see her to process anything correctly.

"i don't get it."

"it means we can fucking date, devin! get your head it the game!"

kam shoved him back, laughing. he gasped in disbelief as her words finally registered in his brain.

"i see what you mean now!" devin laughed, then swiftly pulled her into the locker room. he shut the door and pressed her small body back against it. "now, you owe me a kiss."

"well that's weird, isn't it?"

"not at all."

devin connected their lips, something he'd been wanting to do for so long, and smiled through the kiss when she was kissing him back.

tyler and eric pressed their ears up against the door, assuming that they were either having sex already or kissing at the very least. "oh, finally. i thought i'd have white hair by the time this happens."

"it's a christmas miracle. god loves us all!"

"and you probably gonna jinx it."

devin pulled away momentarily, taking kam into his arms to pull the door open. his two teammates stumbled forward, smiling sheepishly at the two, leaving the new couple in a fit of giggles.

tyler yelled in happiness and smacked the back of eric's head. "you owe me twenty! i told you they weren't having nasty sex inside."

AgapeLovexx

HEHE THAT WAS SO FUCKING CUTE FAM I'M OUt

UUUUUGH I DIED LIKE 20 TIMES WRITING THIS SHIT IT'S THE BEST THING I'VE WRITTEN EVER