Chapter 20 // tmorrow

So Pinof 8 was everything no needed in life . It was LIT ... I'm sorry . I make a lot of corny/ crusty jokes . Anyway hope you enjoy this chapter . I feel like this book it about 3/4 of the way done :( which makes me sad but maybe I could write a sequel or another book altogether . Hope you enjoy this chapter .

Xx

3rd person

Calm dan calm . These where the only words dan could think . Tomorrow was the day , the amount of times dans head had said tomorrow's the day was unbelievable . His yet again over thinking mind has tried to say this isn't even that much of a big deal but that was a lie . Dan knew people had it harder than him , although he had never heard of a teenager killing his farther on the news but Dan didn't really watch the news a lot , he didn't want to turn on his Inder hypochondriac .

Phil had been stressed to , not as much as Dan however all he could do was prepare him and pray for him .

It was getting colder outside . The bitterness of the cold reminded dan of the night he spent at the lake , this calmed him a little . He remembered the calm of being alone to swim with his mind . He remembered how the ice water bit at his skin but the warm and dry tears that had temporally scarred his cheeks made him feel some form of warmth . He remembered how the cold was changed to warm , not the hot type but the comforting warmth .

He remembered how he ran , he was running now .

It was late and it was dark the streets where surrounded by the welcoming warmth yet anyone else would from them cold , not dan . He remembered thinking he couldn't take the fall yet something told him he could . But after tomorrow his brain told him he would find out .

Dan now stood at the edge metaphorically and literally . He was at the edge .

He stood at the top of some apartment complex . He couldn't remember climbing up here all he could remember about his journey was the welcoming warmth . He looked down , no one was there . He looked in front of him and he saw his town . Of course , the bricks weren't his . The people weren't his . The buildings weren't his , nothing literal in this town was his . But he called it his town because Dan knew he saw the town different to everyone else around him .

He hated the small things about his town . He hated the bullies , they where small things because In the grand aspect of the universe Jackson isn't going to get very far . He would just forever remain a small thing .
Dan hated other things , not just some people . He hated the way the white lines on the road had tyre markings etched into them , making there was perfect White colour so unsatisfying . This to him made the whole entire town seemed ruined but it was true his town was ruined . Because people like Connor and Dans dad was in the town .

But what dan hated most was that this didn't ruin The Town it ruined His town . He hated that people like his dad and Jackson wouldn't just go bother someone else not someone else's Town or mind or life . He felt As if the universe had hated him . This made dan hate himself . Wishing Dans pain and suffering on anyone else made dan feel selfish and ugly in the mind , it made him feel like the names the bullies called him . It made him want to jump of the building and fall of the cliff , die on impact and never think about the town again .

Dan was sitting now . Sitting on the edge ready to fall , but not quite ready to jump . He tucked a note under a stone near the door that leads to the top of the roof . There was a letter in there , a letter to his world .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"To dan "
"You- no "
Phil said in frustration his was writing a letter to dan incase tomorrow he died . Phil wasn't letting dan go alone . He was in the "basement " packing all the amo he would need . The one of the worst parts about that situation was phil didn't know who dans dad was going to bring,  he didn't even know when it was going to happen , but there plans where set for tomorrow and it was almost certain that dans dad was going to follow dan there  . They where going to the bridge at 5 pm it was winter out so the sun would be setting . Dan said the bridge would be a better place to see him die , I like bridges but he knew that dan didn't care where his dad died,  it was about dan dying about , if he got shot he wanted to die at the bridge in the sunset . Phil wondered how often dan thought about his send of but that question is probably best unanswered .

It was 11 pm . No one in the house could sleep . They where in bed , yes , but not asleep . There was no dreams and there was no nightmares , not even the darkness of a dreamless sleep . Dan and Phil just lay awake staring at the swirls in the painted white celling . They weren't talking but there thoughts where screaming in the silence .

This bed could be empty tomorrow , not one person here

I could never return here again , I could be dead and gone tomorrow

This bed would be cold without dan

I love dan
I love Phil

"Thank you " dan said not breaking eye contact with the celling . His voice was deep and contained so much story . "What " Phil broke eye contact with the swirls and turned to face dan who still was staring at the almost hypnotising swirls , following there trail round and round stopping when he realised it just led to a dead end .

"I said thank you , even if I die tomorrow at least I died trying , I died in love , I died experiencing emotions other than pain and sadness and that Phil lester is what you have given me . In a way you've given me he gift of life " dan was staring at Phil now there noses almost brushing against each other . Phil could smell dan coconut hair and his linx deodorant . Dan could smell Phils raspberry scented body wash .

"I haven't given you life dan , I just held the torch so you could see it was all around you" Phil smiled staring into dans tired hazel eyes .

Dan and Phil fell asleep a few minutes later there legs tangled together just enjoying each others company knowing that this could be the last time .

----------------

Early update because I'm sick and can't do anything other than read and write right now by the looks of things . Hope you enjoyed this chapter .

Xx