59. Final Chapter: The Gift

So I'm gonna love you,

Like I'm gonna lose you,
I'm gonna hold you,
Like I'm saying goodbye.
Wherever we're standing,
I won't take you for granted,
Cause we'll never know when,
When we'll run out of time.

---

Hamdan felt the soothing ocean breeze play with his hair, the sound of the splashing little waves drawing him back to sleep. He rolled around on the bed, patting around to find Sarah. He opened his eyes and lifted his head slightly. The feeling of waking up without her was one of the worse since she left that awful day.

Where is she?

His head plopped back onto the puffy pillow and he rubbed his face with both hands. Rising up, he saw his wife sitting on the edge of their private pool across the terrace, dressed in a green cover-up robe. The white sheer curtains on the bedroom dancing in the wind and the Bora Bora turquoise ocean in front of her. They had spent the last three days in the overwater villa for the last stop of their honeymoon and the time to go back home had finally arrived.

He grabbed his phone and took a picture of the perfect scenery in front of him before heading to the bathroom. He put on shorts and an undershirt and glanced out the terrace doors, Sarah was still in the same place, seemingly unaware that he was up. He tiptoed to the vanity and opened the lower drawer where he had hidden the clasp envelope. As he walked out, Sarah looked over her shoulder.

"Hi!" She smiled.

"Hi, beautiful." He sat next to her, dipping his legs on the warm water as well and giving her a peck on the lips.

"What do you have there?" She asked looking at the envelope on his lap.

"A little something for you."

"Ugh!" She complained. "You are the master at surprising me with gifts and I'm the absolute worst gift giver on Earth."

He laughed. "Just take it."

Sarah took the envelope from his hand and opened it. "A little heads-up," she cautioned putting the envelope down. "You might get socks from me for your birthday."

He kissed the side of her head. "That's fine. I've got everything I need."

She beamed and scratched his beard lovingly. "Okay, what do we have here?" She wondered taking a peek inside.

Sarah took the contents out, held them up and started reading Princesa's registration papers, all changed to her name.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed staring at them. "She's mine?"

"She's always been yours, I simply thought we could make it official."

She turned to him with a pout.

"Are you happy?" He asked.

She nodded with tears on her eyes and hugged him. "You have to stop making me cry, I hate it."

"As long as they are happy tears..."

She dried her face before putting the papers back in the envelope.

"Well, it turns out... I might have a gift for you too." She hinted.

Hamdan frowned. "You might?"

She pressed her lips and nodded. "I'm late."

She might have gift? But she's late? Where is she going--