60. Bonus Chapter: Perfect

First of all, I missed you guys SO MUCH! And as promised, here's the bonus chapter that turned out to be extra long.

Please enjoy!

XOXO,

Sophie.

---

Hamdan followed Sarah up the stairs and saw her drag her feet all the way to their newly renovated bedroom. Despite the change to warmer tones on the walls and carpet, it seemed that the somberness of their souls had transferred into their suite.

Rooster came to greet them, ears down, sniffing shyly at them. She ran her fingers through the lab's head slightly, kicked her shoes off and went to bed, jeans and all, with her back turned to him.

He watched her for a while, trying to figure out the next step. She had not even cried or said much and every time he tried to touch her, she would wince or move away. As much as his heart was also broken, she was the priority. Always her.

He also kicked his tennis shoes off and threw his cap on the couch. Running a hand through his hair he went and squatted down next to her side of the bed.

Her glowing face had been replaced with a blank stare and sunken eyes. He tried to put his hand over hers, but she quickly tucked it away under her neck.

"Sarah." He whispered.

Her eyes moved to look at him. "What if this keeps happening?"

"What if it doesn't?" He shrugged. "And we have a beautiful baby?"

She closed her eyes shut, painfully. He tried to smooth out her hair and she scooted away from him.

It had always been his way of showing affection and providing comfort. Whenever she was near, he would find himself reaching out to her, to feel her skin, her hair or the warmth of her body, no matter what they were doing, he was always touching her somehow, even if it was only with a little stroke from his thumb.

And then, at the time he knew she needed him the most, she was taking that away from him.

"Why won't you let me touch you?" He asked standing up, attempting to keep his voice down.

"Because if you do, I'm going to start crying, okay?" Her eyes already shinning with tears. "And I'm not sure if I will be able to stop."

Hamdan let out a breath. "Maybe that's what you need. What we need." He corrected.

He lay down next to her and wrapped his arms around her tense body. She put her head under his chin and started sobbing while he let his own tears fall into the pillow and held her tighter, closer.

"I'm sorry." She said in between sobs.

He ran a hand on her back. "What are you talking about?" He wondered, sniffing.

"I've been going through everything that happened and I promise I didn't do anything. I didn't do anything stupid." She tilted her head back to look at him. "Maybe if we hadn't been traveling, maybe if--"

He shook his head and brought her to his chest again. "You heard the doctor, it happens often, it's not your fault, you didn't do anything wrong."

Her painful cries resumed and they remained as they were until she regained her breathing.

"I will hold you for as long as you need me." He reassured. "Maktoum will be covering for me and I'll be here until we get through this, okay?"

He felt her small nod and without any more words, they eventually fell asleep.