Chapter 3 - Introduction | Part 1

I walk towards the bed and lie down while putting the covers over myself. Being in such a warm and, right now, safe place, makes me drift away towards the dream land.

I have a dream about him again.

———––——————-•—•-—————————

I had a dream about him again.

Normally the dreams about him will turn into nightmares, about how he left me. He would say things that would make my heart stop, things he would never say, but it was my imagination that said he could say things like that.

But this time... It was a beautiful and peaceful dream and to my surprise we were both happy.

*THE DREAM*

We were on a grass field before a house I didn't really recognize. As I looked around I just noticed that I wasn't alone with him. There were other people too and it seemed that they knew both him and me. They were surrounding us with their laughing faces. They were all happy.

One walked towards me, took my hand and ran away with me from the others. But they ran after us.

When I wasn't looking at where I was stepping, I tripped and before the boy could catch me, I was already on top of him.

I was now laying on top of him and I could hear a faint sound of his laughter. I also heard that the others calling my name in the background.

I couldn't see any of their faces, the image was blurry - As always - and then everything began to fade away.

*END OF THE DREAM*

I woke up, but this time I wasn't sweaty and out of breath, I woke up in peace.

I slowly opened my eyes only to close them again because of the brightness that filled 'my' room. I blinked a few times to adjust to the light and then I looked around in the room, everything was the same as it was yesterday.

I closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep again, but I just couldn't. I took my phone that was now fully charged off the bedside table and looked at what time it is. It was almost nine. How could I possibly wake up this early?

Not feeling like sleeping again, I sat up and threw my legs off the bed, rubbing my eyes to get the sleep away. I stood up and walked towards my backpack that was leaning against the closet.

I didn't take any comfortable nor warm clothes with me, thus I just kept the clothes on that he gave me. I took out my bathroom supplies. I didn't take any make up with me either, because I barely use it.

I looked around the room to see if I forgot something. When I was sure I got everything, I slowly walked towards the door and pressed my ear to it to hear if someone was walking by or at least awake, but I didn't hear anyone. So I slowly opened the door to look outside, no trace to be found of the people who apparently live here.

I stepped into the hallway, closing the door behind me. I quickly looked around to be sure there's no one and walked into the bathroom - to my luck - it was free.

After doing everything that had to be done, I walked out of the bathroom a bit carelessly.

I've put all of my stuff back into my backpack and went downstairs, quickly scanning around if there was someone downstairs - again - to my luck there was no one.

I walked towards the kitchen that the wolf showed me the other day. I looked into the fridge, there was almost nothing in it. 'What do they even eat?' I thought to myself. I grabbed something that I thought I could use. Placing the stuff on the counter, I thought about what I should make. "Pancakes were his favorite, just as mine..." I mumbled to myself.