Chapter 10 - The Playground

"Are you alright now?" He asked after some time. "Yeah..." I answered him. He pulled away and looked at me with mischief. "Do you want to go to the city?" I gazed questioning at him. "Are we allowed to?"

He chuckled. "Have you already forgotten it? Jaebum said we could go to the city."

"Oh." Was my only response.

———––——————-•—•-——————————

"So... Do you want to go?" Jinyoung asked excited for some reason. "Sure! Why not." I answered a bit more cheerful. "Okay then! Get ready! I'll be waiting downstairs." He said smiling and then walked out of the room.

After he closed the door, I let out a sigh.
'The city it is.' I thought and stood up from my bed to quickly get ready.

A few minutes later, we were walking to the city, while Jinyoung was trying to come up with a topic to talk about from time to time.

"So... about that person you're looking for... Do you know where they could be...? 'Cause like... I could try to help you search for them... Of course if you want to! I don't want to be a burden to you." Jinyoung asked, curiosity taking over him.

"It's alright. You don't have to go that far for me. It's already enough that you let me stay in your hideout/house/mansion... I don't know which one it is, okay?!" I said confused. He chuckled.

"Alright then. But if you need help, you can always come to me. And I guess the rest of the guys too..." He concluded.

"Thank you. Thank you for helping me all this time even when you don't know me..." I said grateful. He looked at me for a second and then smiled and nodded.

"So where are we headed actually?" I asked after some time. Jinyoung stopped in his tracks and looked at me. "I don't know." He said cluelessly, what made me chuckle.

"Do you like tarts? I know a bakery where they sell the delicious ones." I suggested. He thought for a bit about it. "We could go... But I don't have any money on me. Maybe next time?" He said.

"Then it's on me!" I said, while putting my hand up in a weird way. He looked at me frozen and confused and then quickly came back to his senses. "Wait! I can't let a girl pay for me..." He laughed awkwardly. I then shushed him and said that's a way of me paying him back for his kindness. He hesitated at first but at the end he did agree to my proposal.

I walked to the bakery, bought some tarts for us and the guys and then walked back to the mansion.

On the way back, we would sometimes stop to sit somewhere or to play around.

When we were almost back in the forest, I spotted something familiar and asked Jinyoung if we could stop by.

It was a playground. With a pair of two swings, a slide and a bit more stuff.

"Why did you want to stop here?" Jinyoung asked, curiously staring at me. I laughed awkwardly, "I always went to play here with that someone..." Jinyoung stared at me, but he wasn't pitying me... It looked more like he was sympathizing with me...

"You don't have a lot of good memories, do you?" He asked hesitant. I avert my gaze from him. "I don't... I, I would like to start a new life. Like... one with good, or at least better memories." I said.

He gazed at me, speechless. "So... How about we make some good memories...?" Jinyoung asked. I stared at him cluelessly. I didn't really understand what he meant with that, but I slowly nodded and smiled to the idea. "Then let's start now! Come here! We'll take a picture of each other here." He said excited.

I cluelessly walked over to him. He pulled me in by my waist, making me jump and him chuckle. He took out his phone from his pocket on the back. "I'm surprised you actually have a phone..." I said. He stared at me dumbfounded.

"Why wouldn't I have a phone...?" He asked curious. I hesitated, "Because you live in the forest... it's just... that I knew some people who lived in the forest too... they didn't really need to contact anyone, so they didn't have a phone...?" Jinyoung gazed curiously at me. "Oh, really...?"

"Let's take a photo already!" I said pushy. "Alright, alright!" He quickly clicked on his phone to the camera and made a selfie with me on the playground.

"Omg! Look at my face!" I laughed after I've seen the selfie. "What? What's wrong with it?" Jinyoung asked, smiling. I laughed way to hard after seeing my face on that photo. "Look at my expression! Omg! I'm so ugly!" I laughed even harder.

"Oh come on! Where are you ugly? I only see the beauty beside the beast!" He said, smiling. I looked at him smiling, not believing what he just said. "So you're the beast?" I asked giggling.

"I have an idea! Let me take a photo of you!" I said excited. Jinyoung's eyes widened while he still was smiling. He pointed a finger to himself for confirmation and I nodded. Jinyoung chuckled, "Okay, then!"

I stepped backwards while taking my phone out and opening the camera app. I positioned my phone so I could get Jinyoung fully in one picture, but I stopped and stared at him with an open mouth.

"This is so familiar..." I muttered to myself. Jinyoung just stood there, confused as to what was happening. "What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

I was frozen. Just looking at the picture before me made me dizzy. All of a sudden I got a headache. It's so bad of a headache that my legs gave out and I collapsed onto the ground. Jinyoung ran quickly towards me.

"What's happening?!" He asked, panicking. I looked at him with a sleepy gaze before I fell unconscious.