Chapter 8 - All Those Damn Jams

My curiosity began to rise even more. "Who was that girl?" He just finished cooking and I had his full attention. He wore a blank expression. His smile still a bit visible, though. "I would like to know, too." He said, slightly chuckling. "The image is always blurry, I couldn't see any of their faces." He added, disappointed.

I didn't say anything, or rather I didn't know what to say. There's still this one 'why'.

Why does he have the same dream as me?

———––——————-•—•-——————————

"You want?" He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I gazed confused at him. Jinyoung then raised the plate he had in his hand, so I could see what he meant. I stared at the plate still confused only to realize that Jinyoung asked if I wanted the pancakes he just cooked.

"Oh, sure. Yeah, thanks." I said quickly. He chuckled at my behaviour, walked towards the table and placed the plate with pancakes and a clean plate on it. I walked over to the chair that was on the opposite side of Jinyoung and took the plate he was offering me and a pancake.

Just then I noticed that Jinyoung was staring at me, never looking away. He had a half smile plastered on his face, what made me chuckle awkwardly. "Is there something on my face?" I asked never leaving his gaze. He just lightly shook his head no.

My eyebrows furrowed, but there was still a smile present. "Why are you staring then? What's wrong?" I got nervous. Why was he acting like that?

He tilted his head to the left - with his hand supporting his head - and slowly began to speak. "You look familiar..." He said. "But I don't know why..." I softened at his last comment and his eyebrows furrowed.

I averted my gaze from Jinyoung to the pancake. I slowly began to eat the pancake that has peach jam on it. "How is it?" He asked after some time, looking at you with a gentle smile.
"It's good, really good!" I said, returning his smile while munching away.

A few minutes later I was already eating my fourth pancake. Jinyoung was still sitting before me, but was now inspecting my face with squinted eyes. I looked curiously at him. "What's wrong?"

He looked deep into my eyes and said: "You have some jam above your lip..." I quickly tried to wipe it away. "You are only making it worse." He said annoyed. "Let me do it." He said, already reaching to your face with a napkin in his hand.

My eyes were wide open by his action. He wiped it away with the napkin, slightly touching my chin with his fingers, what made me blush like a tomato. My gaze was on everything but Jinyoung. "Thank, thank you." I stuttered out.

He just then realised what he had done. Feeling embarrassed and with wide eyes he apologised. I had to slightly laugh at his embarrassed state, he was all red. "It's alright." I said looking at him again. He nodded.

"Did you eat already?" I asked. He looked at me as if I've gone mad. "Shouldn't you have asked that before you began to eat?" He said sassy, while chuckling.

I let out an awkward laugh. "Sorry." I said. "Nothing to apologise for." He shot me another gentle smile.

Fast footsteps came down the stairs rushing, breaking the silence with happy yells. Both Jinyoung and I turned our gaze towards the door, where we expect the boys to come through.

One by one they came into the kitchen, but immediately stopped when they saw us both sitting across each other. "What's happening here?" Jackson said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

I wanted to answer, but I froze. 'I, myself, didn't even know what was happening!' Jinyoung saw that and answered instead. "Nothing. What should be happening?" He said, muttering the last part.

Bambam, who came in as the last one, skipped his way into the kitchen, but stopped from a different reason. "Hyung... You cooked?!" He asked, more than surprised. Jinyoung looked behind him at the frying pan. "Um... Yeah I did! Got a problem?" He said, hesitant at first and later scowling.

Bambam looked surprised. "Hm~ okay. Can I have some?" He asked now more energetic. Jinyoung smiled at that. "Of course you can have some." He said.

Bambam made a little jump and quickly walked to the cupboard to get plates. He took out a few plates for the others and then sat next to me. The others also sat down and began to eat. Jinyoung would steal glances from time to time at me, so the other guys wouldn't be suspicious about whatever is going on between us two.

After a short time, Yugyeom spoke up. "Mindae, can you get me some jam?" He asked shyly. "Sure." I said and stood up. I slowly walked towards the fridge, because my body was a bit painful.

"Yah! Why can't you get it yourself?!" It was Jaebum's time to scowl. He was glaring at Yugyeom, who was giving him the 'innocent' look. "It's alright, I don't mind!" I said, chuckling.

I opened the fridge and as I already guessed it it would be at the bottom shelf, so I crouched to get it. While doing that, a sharp pain went right through my legs. What almost made me fall over, but I quickly got my balance back.

"Mindae, are you alright?" Jackson asked, concerned. I looked for a second at Jackson with a fake smile, that hid my pained expression and then turned back again while saying: "I'm alright!"

Everyone seemed to fall for it, but my next move didn't go unnoticed.

When I reached into the fridge for the jam with my hand, I froze. The pain was unbearable. 'Why...?' I pleaded. The pain was hellish. I hoped that no one heard anything of me trying to resist the urge to scream.

Trying to let no one notice, I reached for it, grabbed it and quickly stood up, still not facing them. I quickly collected myself and walked back to my seat, while on the way handing the jam over to Yugyeom.

Mark saw it.

He saw my pain, but he didn't say anything.

He didn't want me to know that he cared, and a lot too.

He just wants me to leave as fast as possible.