Chapter 4 - Introduction | Part 2

I was pretty much done with the pancakes and placed the last one on the plate where the rest was. Just when I was done, the other four came down. Their gaze was on me, suspicious and shocked, except one. When I stared at them with my eyebrows a bit lifted and a gentle smile decorating my features, just then Jaebum noticed their presence.

——————————•—•—————————

Jaebum turned to look at the four.
"Guys, this is Mindae. Now sit and eat!" He said while chewing on the last pancake he got. My gaze was going from one to the other. I locked eyes with one of them, those familiar eyes...

The first one had black hair, a muscular body and looked really short next to the other one, who was tall. The tall one had red hair and sharp features. The third one had sweet features and looked like an... otter? The last one was pretty gentle looking. I gazed into his eyes that weren't widened as the others did have, his eyes were familiar.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the short, black haired guy stepped towards me. "Hi! I'm the oh so Wild & Sexy Jackson! But you can call me Jackson." He said while playfully winking at me. "He still calls himself that?" Jaebum whispered to Bambam, still loud enough for everyone to hear. "It's nice to meet you too, Jackson." I said ignoring Jaebum's comment. He walked towards the cupboard and took five plates out of it. He placed the plates on the counter and walked back holding onto one plate and sat next to Bambam.

The tall one was the next one who stepped towards me and said shyly. "I'm Y-Yugyeom, it's nice to meet you." His gaze was fixed on the floor. "Cute"
"It's nice to meet you too, Yugyeom." I said, smiling. When he heard me talk back, he brought his gaze back on me, smiled shyly and walked towards the table to sit next to Jackson, but Jackson just had to say something. "NO! This is Mark's chair!" He said while pointing at the chair next to him.

"I don't see Mark hyung's name written on it!" He said coldly and sat in the chair that was supposed to be Mark's. Jackson began to fake cry and dab fake tears away, while leaning his head on Bambam's shoulder. (And Bambam looking at him like he has gone mad.) "When did our baby maknae change so much?!" I began to giggle, but when the next guy stepped towards me, I ceased my giggles.

"Thank you for helping me last night." I said giving him a gentle smile. He looked surprised at me. "How do you know it's me?" He said bewildered. "As I said before, your eyes." He looked at me a bit weird. "Well then, I'm Jinyoung." I just nodded.

Jinyoung looked around at the other guys, who joined the two and were happily chewing on their pancakes too. "You made pancakes?" He asked while sitting down on the opposite of Jaebum. "Yeah, as a thank you." I said, genuine smiling at them. Some of them nodded.

Bambam wanted to get his 'hundred pancake', but he received a smack on the back of his hand from Jaebum. "You've got enough already. You're not alone." He said still munching on his pancake. Bambam pulled his hand back and pouted.

Everyone was already done eating their breakfast, but the so called Mark still hadn't showed up. As they were still sitting by the table; chatting with each other, Jackson stood up. "I'm going to get Mark. He sleeps too long." He said excited, for whatever reason, and walked off.

The chit-chatting continued for a few minutes, until there were screams heard from above. Silence fell between the males. They looked at each other, surprise and pity filling their features. I couldn't make out anything from what they were screaming except: "I can't go on like this. It haunts me, Jackson! It's all my fault..." screamed by a bit familiar but still unfamiliar voice, that sounded really frustrated. After those words the yells stopped.

"It happened again." Jaebum said simply, what made me look at him. Bambam sighed. "Why does it happen to him...? I feel sorry for hyung that he has to go through this." Bambam looked towards the leader. "We can't do anything about it. It's something he should feel guilty about, but I feel sorry too. It breaks my heart that one of my brothers is suffering because of something he didn't really had any other choice for." He said sad while not trying to let the others see that he was scared too, that he was shaking on the inside, he has to be strong for the younger ones as the Alpha of the pack.

Bambam leant in on Youngjae who was cluelessly looking around, not knowing what was going on. Bambam whispered something towards him, what made him burst into laughter. All of the gazes fell on the two males, one who was laughing out loud and the other one giggling softly. "What's so funny?" Asked Jaebum irritated.

Bambam immediately stopped giggling and his smile faded. "Nothing." He said not looking at the leader. "How can you laugh in such a situation?!" It looked like he was getting angrier by every response Bambam gave him. "Hyung, I may feel sorry for Mark hyung, but I don't know his situation. He only talked about it with you and Jackson!" He bursted.

Jaebum sighed. He was right, Mark only talked to them, because he's really close with Jackson and Jaebum because he's the leader and he said that if you have a hard time you can talk to him, and that's what he did. He had a hard life until he met them, the pack, he's a part of. It's his family now. "Sorry, Bam. I can't say anything about it. You can ask him yourself if you want, though." Jaebum avoided everyone's gaze, trying to focus on anything but us.

It looked like they forget about me, but Jaebum spoke up again. "Don't mind us, Mindae. Don't worry about it." This time he looked into my eyes. I nodded hesitantly. The chit-chatting began slowly again, only now there was an awkward tension present.

After a while there were footsteps heard coming towards the kitchen. I saw Jackson walking at the front and a guy behind him who I identified as Mark. When Jackson walked into the kitchen he immediately sat down in the seat he sat before in. My eyes followed him towards his seat. When he sat down, I looked up to look at the other guy.

I felt like a vampire had sucked all the blood out of me. His eyes were widened, but his expression immediately changed. "Wow, Mindae, are you sick? You're really pale all of a sudden." Bambam asked worried. I shook fast out of it. "I'm alright." I lied, because all of a sudden, I actually didn't feel that well anymore. Bambam nodded.

Mark slowly neared me. He pulled out his hand towards me. "I'm Mark." He said as simple as possible. I placed my hand in his, shivers running down my spine because of the familiarity. "Mindae." He backed off and sat down on the seat next to Yugyeom.

"I wanted you to sit beside me, but Yugyeom became the leader again." Jackson said while glaring at Yugyeom. "Whatever." Mark responded coldly. "You know you like it~" Sang Jackson teasingly towards Mark.

———––——————-•—•-—————————

A/N: I'm sorry for this lame ass chapter