Chapter 6 - Goodbye Umbridge

Hey cupcakes! My writing style has changed a lot since I began this story, so I hope the rest of it lives up to a higher standard. Enjoy!

   The next morning, Harry woke up dreading school. Even with Voldemort gone, Umbridge had yet to be sacked, and he was not looking forward to seeing her again. She would be even more furious after her encounter with the centaurs. The children were about to head off, when Oswin saw Harry's hand. She cut off her conversation with the twins, who had seemed to take a liking to her, and turned to her nephew.

"What is that."

"What?" He asked, attempting to hide it. She simply raised an eyebrow, and he sighed, unable to hide from her. Harry let his hand out from behind his robes, and she took it. Until this moment, Harry had only seen his aunt in her kindest state, happy with her family. Now, he understood the words that had been spoken of her temper, as he saw her eyes fill with anger and her demeanor calm with a face like cold marble.

"Who did this to you?" She asked calmly, and he hesitated to answer. So, Hermione did it for him.

"Umbridge did it, Oswin. She has a quill that uses blood instead of ink." Harry threw her a look, but had to turn back to his aunt as she nodded.

"Well then, I'll be having a word with your professor and with the minister." Harry went to speak, but she didn't let him get a word out. Oswin told Remus and the others where she was going, and they knew better than to stop her. Then, she waved her wand, and her auror's robes appeared, making her even more intimidating than she already was, which was quite a feat at her small stature. She grabbed the trio and they apparated to King's Cross, where the Hogwarts Express was taking back the children who had disappeared under Umbridge. Oswin ignored Harry's words of protest, and told them to find a compartment before going to inform the conductor of her presence. They walked down the carriages, before finding an empty one.

"Harry, your aunt is one scary lady when she's mad. Umbridge is going to be terrified!" They laughed, but it died down as Malfoy entered the compartment.

  "Oh Potter, have you heard? Your stupid father had a stupid sister. Father says she was a silly witch with no talent who tried to intimidate everyone she met." Harry was about to defend his aunt, when another voice spoke up.

  "Oh dear. Blonde hair, snotty attitude, you must be a Malfoy." They all turned to see Oswin standing casually at the door to the compartment, and Ron nearly burst out laughing at the inversion of what Malfoy had once said to him.

  "And who are you?" Malfoy said, still attempting to keep up just front.

  "Oswin Potter-Lupin, the pleasure is all yours. Your father was terrified of me when we were at school, and I hexed him more than once. But if he's going to be running his mouth, I'll be having a chat with him as well. Why don't you owl him and tell him I'll be keeping an eye on him. Tell your mother hello from me, and I'll visit soon. Now scram, and don't bother my nephew or you'll deal with me." Malfoy scampered off, Crabbe and Goyle in tow, and the train ride continued, arriving at the Hogwarts station within a few hours, which the trio had a sneaking suspicion Oswin had something to do with, and they exited behind Malfoy, who seemed very eager to stay out of their way. Hagrid was taking the first years who had left back across in the boats, saw Harry and the others walking, and waved a greeting, doing a double-take when he saw Oswin, who laughed and waved back at him. It was the beginning of classes, so Harry went to a few, while Oswin explained the situation to Professor Dumbledore, who gave her free reign over the situation gladly, and greeted her old friends and teachers.

  While she still had time, she took a floo to the ministry, marching straight to the Minister's office, nodding to those who greeted her. Not bothering to knock, she strode right up to the Minister's desk, and stared him in the eye.