Chapter 5 - She's Back

Hey cupcakes! I got crazy inspiration-brain super early, haven't slept yet, and it's just kinda crazy. A lot of things are being written all at once, but I'm going to space out the updates a bit because I don't have an ending to this story yet. Hope ya'll like this story still! Enjoy!

Oswin Potter-Lupin grinned widely back at Molly Weasley, laughing happily at the ginger's confusion. There was no doubt it was her. Her smile was a crooked and welcoming as ever, more a smirk than anything else really, and her eyes still retained their mischievous glint.

"Hey, Molly. It's been a while." As soon as she said this, the ginger had flung herself forward, and pulled the other woman into a bone-crushing hug, which was gladly returned as Snape allowed another rare, genuine smile to slip onto his face.

"We missed you so much, Ozzie!" Molly exclaimed, pulling back to look at her old friend. Oswin smiled fondly back at the ginger across from her, glad to see that her motherly and worrisome nature was still the same as it had always been.

"I missed you lot, too. You won't believe where this bloke found me. I thought Voldemort was more creative than just sticking people underground. Honestly, I'm a little insulted." Snape spoke up now, his usual drawling voice slightly amused as he remembered how much she would protest being compared to James Potter, even though she loved the prat anyway.

"You forget that I had to make my way through ninety doors covered in hexes, jinxes, and curses, not to mention the ten that were already open. Most of them were positively plastered with your favorite jinx of all time." Oswin thought for a moment before nodding.

"I suppose that's a bit better. At least someone did their homework on me and my amazing jinxing history. Still, it smelled like mold and old socks down there! Now, tell me everything I need to know right now, and we'll catch me up on the past twelve years later." So, without questioning how she knew something was amiss, they told her everything, and she went right into business mode.

"Don't do anything too foolish." Molly said, as she watched her friend make sure she had everything she needed to get to the Department of Mysteries. "I remember how reckless you were as an Auror, and Arthur has told me about plenty of things I wasn't there to see." Oswin turned to the ginger as Snape disapparated, heading back to where he was meant to be to avoid suspicion.

"Don't worry, Molly. I'm not planning on going anywhere but the Ministry and back for a good long while, unless the occasion arises. And dying has never sounded particularly pleasant, not to mention that it would be a crime to deprive the world of my delightful presence." Molly laughed, and the two women embraced before the brunette stepped back, and disappeared.

----

Oswin landed in a dark stone room, and immediately had to duck to avoid a particularly painful curse, her Auror instincts kicking into overdrive. Whipping out her wand, which Severus had returned to her, she began to fire back at the death eaters, turning the tide for the Order. She stopped one from cursing Kingsley Shacklebolt, and he turned to see who had halted his progress. Lucius Malfoy froze in his place, much to the confusion of those around him. Kingsley was the only one able to take the time to peer around the blond, and nearly froze as well when he saw a very angry Oswin glaring up at Lucius, who now backed away as she flourished her wand, too late to avoid her spell as he was blasted away. Exchanging a grin with Kingsley, she continued to fight until a loud cry could be heard from near the strange arch in the center of the room. Turning, she could only see Sirius Orion Black falling backwards towards the veil. Ignoring the shapes that moved in her periphery, she sprinted up to the arch.

"Oh no you bloody well don't, Sirius Black." She stopped, and brandished her want at the thing, sending a lasso of golden light after the man's hand, just before it disappeared through the mist. Gripping her wand tightly, the woman pulled back harshly, and the form of Sirius returned from the veil, landing hard on the stone floor. Oswin knelt by his side, holding her breath as Kingsley covered them. Suddenly, Sirius gasped, eyes shooting open, and Oswin sighed in relief.